Not only did I climb a volcano crater... I conquered a mount

Options

Replies

• marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Wow. I love your story, and your writing style. You're so incredible. I read the last half of that with tears in my eyes, and I am SO proud of you. Wonderful accomplishment, love. You can do ANYTHING you set your mind to.
  • shady81x
    shady81x Posts: 290
    Options
    OMG WELL DONE!!!! Thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou:

That's inspired me to create a bucket list myself, and hey... I'm gonna put that Koko Head Hike down there! The view up there is stunning, and worth all the effort. Haha am just not too sure if I can get myself across the bridge though. All those gaps... I think I'll end up with wobbly knees...

u knoe what... maybe u shld start a group where ppl can share their bucket lists & accomplishment photos :wink:
  • laurawilliams51
    laurawilliams51 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! how inspiring you are!!!!!!!!!! And you know what, i am gonna find my mountain to climb, thank you.
  • Suzy_in_DE
    Suzy_in_DE Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your very inspirinng journey. I have been to Hawaii many times and have never hiked this trail. I have now added it to my bucket list. Thank you.
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    First of all; WOW on your weight loss.
    Second, what an awesome accomplishment! Beautiful photos as well =)
  • RK262
    RK262 Posts: 17
    Options
    What an incredible story. Your pictures are amazing. Congratulations on your accomplishment!
  • skinnygirlhiding1
    skinnygirlhiding1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    That was an awesome tear jerkin story. I am so glad you shared that & the pictures. I'm also glad that you continued to push yourself & accomplished your goal. What an inspiration.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!
  • whoiskat23
    whoiskat23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ah-freaking-mazing!!! You literally moved me to tears and i'm not 100% sure why, but how very inspirational you are. I already had Hawaii on my bucket list, but now I am adding Koko Head. Thank you for sharing. *hugs*
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The greatest thing that I did was sharing with everyone about my list... all kidding aside, I knew what I was doing as soon as I started sharing it. By telling people, I knew that I would HAVE to accomplish the things on the list.

So... do it, do it, do it! Create a Bucket List, a Kick *kitten* Lifestyle List... just create it, share it and then DO IT!!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a climb!!! Great work.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm proud of you and I don't even know you. You are awesome.
  • mstawnya
    mstawnya Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    You climbed a volcano! Incredible! Thanks for taking us along for the climb. So beautiful and meaningful.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Really REALLY well done. That's inspirational! :flowerforyou:
  • vestarocks
    vestarocks Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me. I love the idea of a bucket list for the year. I'm going to add the Grouse Grind here in Vancouver to it for this summer. ...and when I get back to Hawaii I'm adding "your volcano".

Congratulations and thank you so much for being such an inspiration.
  • MoLove2025
    MoLove2025 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    wow....1st congrats on making a plan to work out while on vacation
    2nd WTG on making it to the top....from the photos it looks like it was intense but worth every step.

If i ever go to Hawaii i will be sure to try that out. Thanks for sharing.
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Congratualtions

I'd love to do this hike, we have one in australia in the mountains called the 1000 steps, its more like 770 something but its still a killer!
  • 5Btieden
    5Btieden Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! And way to go!!! You should enter this story in some kind of health magazine! Very inspiring!!! :drinker:
  • jrsey86
    jrsey86 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    What an inspiring and well-written story! Thank you so much for sharing!!! It's a blessing that MFP is such a strong support system. I wouldn't trade the friends I've made on here for anything. It's so great to know that, even as we struggle up our personal mountains, there's a group of equally determined and supportive people behind us, encouraging us to take just one more step.

Congratulations on completing #1 on your 2012 bucket list. You've DEFINITELY inspired me to achieve my #1 goal and given me the motivation to hit that treadmill hard today.

Good on you, lady!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • couturekitty
    couturekitty Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have also done Koko Head and let me tell you I was crying once I got to the bridge. My husband made it look so easy and I was struggling big time. But I made it. I am very proud of you! Congrats :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!