Replies

• JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump...anyone?
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I have been shampoo-less for about a year now. I have a bottle of Wen that a friend sent to me as well as several bottles of Hair One. Hair One costs about half and is every bit as good, plus there's none of that subscription nonsense.
    I like it very much, but use either about once a week. Otherwise I use regular conditioner to wash my hair with. The Wen (and Hair One) is heavy.
    My h air has never been healthier nor has it looked better. It's amazing what not shampooing does. I have no split ends AT ALL. That is quite an accomplishment since it's down to my butt.
    I have friends who have tried it and didn't like it, I think it must depend on your hair type. Mine is super fine and wavy if that helps.

Anyway. Yes. Totally worth it. But look for Hair One on Amazon.com, it's a much better buy and hassle-free.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    Oh, and a couple of tips: Apply it to your scalp as best you can, and scrub your scalp like you would with shampoo. Comb it out with the conditioner in it using a wide-tooth comb.
    Rinse VERY VERY well.
    The bottle tells you to use it as a leave-in conditioner but I find it too heavy for my hair, so I use Humectress instead for that.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Tralee1111
    Tralee1111 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I used it for a while because I wanted my hair to look healthy for my wedding. But then the longer your hair, the more product you have to use, so it didn't go as far when I had let my hair grow longer.

I loved the WEN styling products.

I really liked it, but just could not justify the money after a while and stopped my shipments. I use John Freida products and the WEN occasionally now.
  • Emabo
    Emabo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think it made my hair look greasy. I gave it a few shots, but it isn't for me.
  • maethoriel
    Options
    I love Wen!! It's truly amazing, but to be honest I'm sure there must be some similar products out there that are close to being as good and half the price. If you have the extra money, I would at least try it out though. :)
  • Gigilly
    Gigilly Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have long hair and because I am usually very active I wash it every day. I just don't use shampoo (I haven't used shampoo in over twelve years) I just use conditioner but not intensive heavy duty ones. My hair stays clean, shiny and free of split ends.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    ty girls
  • mamabear272
    mamabear272 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I love Wen! I order it from QVC. Great price and you can either order as you need it or go with auto-ship which you can set to whatever works for you. I know you can get it on Amazon too. I tried Hair One from Sally's and in my opinion, it wasn't as good. I had to use more of it so it wasn't really a money saver.

The greasy feeling could have been from not rinsing enough. You really have to rinse it good.

Once, I had to use regular shampoo because I didn't order soon enough and my hair felt terrible! Even when lathering it up, it felt bad.
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    I MIGHT give it a try, maybe I can get a small sample
  • siddlesmom
    Options
    Does your hair feel clean.....I sweat like a pig and that's the only thing holding me back!
  • gwenguin
    gwenguin Posts: 74
    Options
    no don't! they say it's natural, and sulfate free, but it has so many other harsh chemicals... besides sulfates...

NOT WORTH IT... TRUST ME... and depending on how often you wash your hair, it runs out fast because you need several squirts per wash...
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    Options
    no don't! they say it's natural, and sulfate free, but it has so many other harsh chemicals... besides sulfates...

NOT WORTH IT... TRUST ME... and depending on how often you wash your hair, it runs out fast because you need several squirts per wash...

I just read that you need like 40 pumps for shoulder length hair, I guess it would run out pretty quickly.
  • SueGremlin
    Options

Any harsher than shampoo? I've been using this for a year and my hair's never been healthier.
  • SueGremlin
    Options
    Does your hair feel clean.....I sweat like a pig and that's the only thing holding me back!
    Yes! I know it's hard to believe, but it actually feels CLEANER the next day. I do wash daily but my scalp would be all gross every morning. Washing my hair without soap has changed all of that completely, I can actually go a day without washing now and it looks and feels fine.
    I tried it on a weekend when I didn't have any particular place to be, just in case my hair looked gross when it dried. I was amazed right off the bat that you can cleanse your hair and scalp with this stuff.
    I do, however, only use the Wen or Hair One about once a week. The rest of the week I use my regular conditioner--this varies between Burt's Bees grapefruit and sugarbeet conditioner, Cloud Nine, Paul Mitchell and a few other types.