Hi - My introduction

JoeyB56
JoeyB56 Posts: 20 Member
Hi,
I guess I'm supposed to introduce myself.
Not sure what to say. I'm a married guy in my mid 50's.

I'm trying to lose weight, start exercising, and get healthy (life style - eating habits etc.). Doctor was not happy with how much weight I had gained in 1.5 years plus my cholesterol was high and even though I take meds for blood pressure, it was high end of normal.

So with all that I figured I either had to change or have a short life.

I've lost a bunch of weight but most of the time I'm not sure what I'm doing or what's best for me.

Replies

• prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Welcome. I had high blood pressure too, after 25lbs lost the doctor said I didn't need them anymore. Any weight you lose will be a good thing for your health. It was a big thing for me to start this healthy journey, but I really love the tools this site gives you to keep track. Read a bunch of the community board topics and see where people are coming from and you will do great. Good luck and best wishes for a long and healthy life...
  • JoeyB56
    JoeyB56 Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks for the encouragement
  • StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Welcome Joey! I'm in the same boat! I've been here about a month and I feel 100% better! Good luck and don't quit.
  • i'm new to this too, and I find it is addicting to log in my food every day . it works. your doctor will soon be happy . :)