New guy here

Options
Chuck1223
Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
During my last 'well man' visit with my doctor, he suggested that I check out 'myfitnesspal'.
Well here I am. I've been here for three days and this seems like a good tool for anyone
interested in improved diet and exercise habits.
I need to drop about 25-30 lbs.
My demons are portion size and sweet tooth.
I think that with the help of this site I'll be able to drop those lbs.
I'm looking forward to the ride.

Replies

• Chuck1223
    Options
    During my last 'well man' visit with my doctor, he suggested that I check out 'myfitnesspal'.
    Well here I am. I've been here for three days and this seems like a good tool for anyone
    interested in improved diet and exercise habits.
    I need to drop about 25-30 lbs.
    My demons are portion size and sweet tooth.
    I think that with the help of this site I'll be able to drop those lbs.
    I'm looking forward to the ride.
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Welcome new guy, Chuck!

~Toni D:flowerforyou:
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Try and measure everything you put on your plate or in to your mouth it will help alot. Drinking water when you think you are hungry first will also help. As for the sweat tooth try sweat pickles. the sweat pickles help me in curbing the sweat tooth monster.
    Good luck and please remember that it does take time and this is a life style change. Change the things you are willing to live with for the rest of your life and if you do you will be more than willing to stick with it.

Welcome to MFP
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!:flowerforyou:
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Welcome Chuck and good luck on your weight loss journey :bigsmile: Drink your water does help :drinker: :drinker:
  • weasleman42
    weasleman42 Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • Chuck1223
    Options
    Thankyou for the warm welcome(s) and advice.
    I've been doing the water thing, it"s just
    that my 'eyes are bigger than my stomach', and I CLEAN my plate. Think that is from
    childhood.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck! :flowerforyou:

You can definitely teach yourself a lot about portion control through calorie counting and using measuring spoons/cups and a food scale to get accurate counts. In time you are better able to eyeball it too.

This site should be a huge help to you!! :happy:

-Tam
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: