Older, more immobile successes?

Options
I am one of the older people on here I think - at 71 and with COPD and arthritis just about everywhere, I find it hard to do strenuous exercise. I do walk my dog for at least an hour every day, and normally more than that, but it is a slow stroll rather than a power walk.

Are there any more of us oldies but goodies out there? Any tips? I've lost 7lbs in 10 days, so made a good start which I am happy with, but I have a lot to shift.

Replies

• StatHaldol
    StatHaldol Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I'll be 56 next month, older than most here. I've also got two bad knees that limit what I can do. Your strolls every day will do wonders for you! They sound a lot like my walks. The main thing is to stay active. You're doing great!
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    Hi I'm 55 years Young. I too have Arthritis, I find walking is very good so keep up your walks,
    and also I pedal away on my stationary exercise bike in front of the TV,that's good as its not weight baring on the joints but works the knees hips ankles gently. My father in Law is 87 this year and when he visits he gets on my bike and pedals he said it makes him feel more limber.
    I work part time in a physical job, and also part time in our own business doing the book keeping. My weight loss is slow but going down, my hope is that joint pain will be less with less weight on me.
    you are welcome to add me as a friend if you want