1,000's of choices... which is right?

Options
With all the choices that there are out there for protein shakes, which one is the one that I should choose? Is there anything specific that I should be looking for? How do I know which one is best? Please help....

Replies

• Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Whey protein. Whichever one is on sale when you go shopping for it. :happy:
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Really as long as it's whey, it doesn't really matter much as a supplement as long as it fits your calorie goals.

I really like the Dymatize ISO 100 Gourmet Vanilla and Cookies n' Cream flavors. They are very tasty.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Look at calories, grams of protein, fat, carbs, and INGREDIENTS. All other things being equal, look at the price, and how it tastes to you. That's all.
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I think most of the time you're paying for a particular blend of amino acids or you pay more for an isolate where the carbs are dramatically reduced. I use a cheap one, the carb ratio is high but I don't mind for the price
  • tmoyer1209
    tmoyer1209 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I like to ck the protein grams per scoop/serving, the sugar grams, and the fat grams. I prefer the ones with less sugar and fat personally, but only because I use it supplementally. I like Probolic SR in Vanilla (i think it tastes like cake batter :LOL) and SYNTHA-6 Vanilla Ice Cream.
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    So is the protien shake a good idea for people who have 150 and up to lose to use to increase their calorie count without resorting to eating junk food? I have a loved one who never seems to get close to the recommended number of calories per day...