It can be done!!!

Options
My husband is gone several weeks at a time for work. This last time he was gone, I changed my goal to 1200 and was doing very well sticking to it! I was measuring everything out (I admit, a lot of the time I would guesstimate with some things) and only eating the serving size that fit in my goal. At the end of the day I was right at my goal. Then, when I found out when he was coming home, I panicked a bit...I worried how I was going to stay on track when he was home when I had to cook for two.

Well, I found out it is a bit more work but for a week now, I have been doing it every night without a problem. Yes, it's more dishes for me to do (which sucks because we don't have a dishwasher) but overall it works out well. I measure out the servings, mine goes in one pan and his in another. I make us the same thing but my servings fit in my calorie goals and his fit in his (he's a member too but he's got like 600 more calories than I do)...

So, for those of you frustrated because your spouse/significant other/member of the household...gets to eat more or anything like that...cooking yours separately can be done!!! More prep and clean up work but the results are well worth the time it takes and you don't need different ingredients.

I wish I had done this sooner instead of "guesstimating" on what a serving size is after it was cooked.