Which weight is accurate?

Options
Ok, this may be a stupid question, but I'd really like to know what everyone thinks.

I have a scale at home and a scale at work. If I weigh myself first thing in the morning at home I get one number and if I weigh myself at work later in the day, it gives me a number almost 5 lbs more. I know that both scales are accurate and I know the weight difference could be attributed to clothes or water/food weight. However, I'd like to know, what you all think is the best time of day to weigh yourself to get an accurate number?

Replies

• dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Options
    In the morning, after you use the restroom and before you eat/drink.
  • angelashay42
    Options
    Bump
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I would say in the morning. I always weigh a couple pounds more in the afternoon.
  • MrsInmon
    MrsInmon Posts: 49 Member
    Options

Everything I have read says just this. So, naturally I weigh myself in the morning after using the potty.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options

Agreed! Weigh yourself at the same time of day under the same conditions so you're comparing like with like. :o)
  • Kristinmcc929
    Kristinmcc929 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing in the morning after I go to the bathroom. I also weigh myself when I am naked. That way I know my weight is not influenced by how much clothing I am wearing, what I have eaten or exercise.
  • sfhelton
    sfhelton Posts: 1
    Options
    In the morning after using the bathroom and before getting dressed
  • taramaureen
    taramaureen Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Morning, naked, after going potty, before breakfast.