Polar FT4 vs. FT7 recommendations

Options
Hey there,
I am interested in purchasing a heart monitor and was wondering if anyone had any recommendation between the Polar FT4 and the Polar FT7. What is the difference between the two and where is a good place to purchase it online in Canada.

Thanks a bunch.

Replies

• littlesis412
    littlesis412 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bpayne78
    bpayne78 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I think it was the first in the series that has encoding. This means if you wear your Polar in a gym setting, the machines and other people's HRMs will not cause interference with your monitor. This also makes sure that you will get a more accurate reading as your monitor will not be reading other people's info, just yours from your chest band.

I LOVE my FT7 (when I get to use it). Not sure on where to purchase in CA, I'm in Kentucky.
  • Fitness4Paul
    Fitness4Paul Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Sport check in Canada has some polar. I went with suunto but they did have these models in the store.
  • kimber89
    kimber89 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    treadmillfactory.ca is where I just ordered mine from. I did a post on this last week, and all the prices I got in the stores, including sportchek were absolutely overpriced. I saved myself $60 on the FT4 by ordering it from this site vs. buying in store locally and the shipping is said to be fast.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Both the Polar FT4 and FT7 use encoded straps.. So there is no worry about either picking up someone else's info.

Polar FT4:
    Only holds 10 workouts
    Does not have the option to upload data to Polars Website
    Allows you to enter Max heart rate
    Tells you the upper and lower limits of your heart rate while exercising
    Comes in 3 colors(Silver, Beige and Pink)

Polar FT7:
    Holds 99 workouts
    Allows you to upload data via the optional flow link attachment
    Allows you to enter max heart rate
    Tells you if you are in the fat burning VS Fitness Zone
    Colors are black/ grey, black/gold, red/grey and black/red.

Both come with a chest strap and count calories.
  • SerenaNatasha
    Options
    I LOVE MY POLAR FT7 :)
  • XOchocolate
    XOchocolate Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Thanks that is just what I needed to know.