How many calories should I eat?

Right now I am doing a 1200 calorie diet, which I have been doing since the end of Jan. I am to the point where I no longer struggle with being hungry. I have lost a total of 14lbs but I keep reading were people are eating quite a bit more than that and now I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I am 5'8 and currently 240lbs and looking to lose about another 90 lbs. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replies

• LovingLisa2012
    LovingLisa2012 Posts: 775 Member
    use mfp it will tell you what to eat .. @ 240 you should be eating way more than 1200

put in your weight and goal weight, pick your daily activty level and how many pounds per week you want to lose .. it will give you calories to eat .. you eat those PLUS workout calories :)
  • bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    Your TDEE is probably somewhere in the 2500-2800 cal/day range (I snooped your other posts and found your height/activity + the age/sex listed in your profile) - I'd try somewhere around 1800 cal/day and see where you are in 3-4 weeks.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Why'd you pick 1200? I put 2 lbs/week at 223 and it gave me 1440 (I've since upped it to 1700 because I was losing energy for doing things).