Your Favorite Meatless Meal

Options
AllTehBeers
AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
I'm not vegetarian but I have started cooking meals without meat to save on some calories. My favorite is mushroom fajitas that's just onions, peppers and mushrooms with some salsa on top. I'm getting a bit bored with the same thing over and over and was wondering if you guys had suggestions for quick, easy meatless dinners. I live alone so I don't really want to be cooking giant meals but something simple that I can stretch over a day or two.

Replies

• Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Anything with portabello mushrooms.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Chocolate ice cream.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I love the biggest loser teriyaki tofu with broccoli
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    Kashi bruschetta margharita pizza. I toss on a ton of mushrooms and red bell peppers. Yummmyyyyy!

There is also a cheaper brand that I buy.. it's Palermo (I buy it at Walmart) and has 900 calories in the whole 12-14 inch pizza. I usually eat half as it is a very thin crust.

Schwanns has a single serving size bruschetta pizza too. I sometimes put pineapple tidbits on it.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Try tofu scramble loaded with veggies. Can make it a larger serving by adding more veggies, and can also make it a burrito to stretch it even further. I really like this recipe for the tofu:

http://happyherbivore.com/recipe/tofu-scramble/

Then just add whatever veggies you want. I like to use cast iron to cook the tofu, then remove the tofu from the pan and add the veggies with some apple cider vinegar to de-glaze the pan and it coats the veggies nicely. I tend to use veggies like carrots, celery, broccoli, onions, garlic, kale.

Or, make a veggie scramble and add any type of bean to it - same thing, can make burritos to stretch it further.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Kashi bruschetta margharita pizza. I toss on a ton of mushrooms and red bell peppers. Yummmyyyyy!

There is also a cheaper brand that I buy.. it's Palermo (I buy it at Walmart) and has 900 calories in the whole 12-14 inch pizza. I usually eat half as it is a very thin crust.

Schwanns has a single serving size bruschetta pizza too. I sometimes put pineapple tidbits on it.

I love pizza and actually had some delivery for my cheat yesterday.
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Morning Star fake bacon! Fake bacon and eggs (or tofu eggs), fake bacon BLT sandwiches on wheat, fake bacon on burgers or on veggie burgers LoL. Yea... kinda love that stuff! I was a vegetarian for years ;)
  • Kanohane
    Kanohane Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian 24/7!!! tofu taste like dirt in my opinion..... I like to make bell pepper, onion, and cheese Quesadillas with sour cream....I fry the tortilla( I only use 1 tortilla) in cooking spray instead of using oil :3
  • nicholettebell
    Options
    Chocolate ice cream.

Mine too!
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    I center my meals around meat and protein. OMMM nom nom.
  • AnnaMaus
    AnnaMaus Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Favorite of all time? Wow, that's a tough one! Probably one of these:

Spinach enchiladas with salsa verde and a side of chili hot beans.

Homemade marinara sauce with pasta and a giant garlicky salad.

Lad na tofu.

Masaman curry with potatoes, tomatoes, onions and peas.
  • Rusty612
    Rusty612 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Aloo Gobi (and Indian potato, cauliflower and tomato dish), tofu scrambles, veggie burgers, BLTs with faux bacon (topped with sprouts and avocado), hummus and veggies, giant salads with avocado and grilled tofu, steamed veg with rice and sauce and tofu.

I'm vegan, myself. People always wonder what I eat - I always laugh and point out that I'm clearly not starving!!
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    stir fry (in olive oil and garlic) sliced zucchini, mushrooms and onions...add a dash of franks hot sauce (or if you prefer, cayenne), towards the end, toss in a diced tomato, serve over a small amount of pasta with a few cooked prawns and a bit of cheese on top. YUMMY.

You can add seasonings too, whatever you prefer. My favourite seasoning is called SPIKE and you can get it with or without salt.
  • AllTehBeers
    Options
    Morning Star fake bacon! Fake bacon and eggs (or tofu eggs), fake bacon BLT sandwiches on wheat, fake bacon on burgers or on veggie burgers LoL. Yea... kinda love that stuff! I was a vegetarian for years ;)

I LOVE BLTs! This is dinner tomorrow night.

*snip*
    Favorite of all time? Wow, that's a tough one! Probably one of these:

Spinach enchiladas with salsa verde and a side of chili hot beans.

That sounds sooo yummy!

stir fry (in olive oil and garlic) sliced zucchini, mushrooms and onions...add a dash of franks hot sauce (or if you prefer, cayenne), towards the end, toss in a diced tomato, serve over a small amount of pasta with a few cooked prawns and a bit of cheese on top. YUMMY.

You are officially awesome because Franks is a staple of my life. I have at least two bottles in my house right this moment.
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    i've been a vegetarian my entire life.

i just had some awesome basil and garlic polenta with roasted tomatoes and a mushroom sauce. <3
  • twisted88
    twisted88 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Homemade cottage cheese loaf (aka Special K loaf; and no you can't taste the cottage cheese) with mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli )or asparagus), and vegetarian brown gravy.

Cottage Cheese Loaf (aka Special K Loaf)

(The ratios are very flexible, so it's pretty much goof-proof.)

16 oz. container of cottage cheese
    4 cups Special K cereal (I've found this to have the best flavor)
    1 can cream of mushroom soup
    sage (at least 1/4 tsp)
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts
    1 onion chopped
    1/4 - 1/2 cup shredded cheese
    2-3 eggs

Mix all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly incorporated. Pour into a greased baking dish (You can use a 8x8 pan, or muffin tins, or mini muffin tins) and bake in a preheated oven at 325 degrees F until done (approx. 15-25 minutes mini muffins, 30-45 minutes for muffin tins, and 45-60 minutes for a regular baking dish; depending on your oven, etc.).
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you're looking for ideas.
  • tjalred
    tjalred Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Vegetable Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) loaded with veggies and rice noodles. So yummy and so good for ya.
  • gsager
    gsager Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    Chocolate ice cream.

^this