MY first NSV

Options
I feel silly saying this but excited at the same time. I went shopping for something lightweight to wear while walking. I was in Walmart and found a pair of yoga capris but the largest size left was a large (12-14). Well I decided to buy them thinking they would fit by the middle of may or at least in time to wear them for the 5k walk i'm doing June 3rd. I decided to try them on when I got home. I took of the slightly tight size xl yoga pants I had on and put on my new pants and I was shocked when they fit. In fact they will probably be to big to wear by June. Have only lost a total of 17 lbs but I do notice things are starting to fit different. Need to be able to walk this 5K in June for Hemophilia in NYC. I'm walking for my 7 week old nephew who was born a severe type A hemophilia . I am walking at 4-6 days a week to train for this.

Replies

• mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Way to go... Thats awesome!!
  • desertdove
    Options
    Congratulations. That is great.
  • Lilmammi
    Lilmammi Posts: 7
    Options
    Congratulations!! That is great. Keep up the good work.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Woot woot! I love clothes NSVs! They're so inspiring and inches lost is AMAZING! Keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll need to buy a new pair by June! :)
  • padraigin67
    padraigin67 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV!!!!!! Love when these happen. Congratulations on yours. :flowerforyou:
  • militarydreams
    militarydreams Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Top job, 17lbs is a bucket load of weight and don't you forget it. If i gave you a 17lb weight and told you to carry it around with you all day for the rest of your life I know for a fact you'd tell me where to shove it :laugh:

As a rule of thumb 1 stone/14lbs is a dress size, congratulations again :flowerforyou:
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Great job! Love those NSV's!
  • Donnacoach
    Donnacoach Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    It's always a great feeling to fit into smaller clothes, especially when we aren't expecting it.
    Good for you!!! Keep up the great work.
  • jenalderman
    jenalderman Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    That must feel amazing! Congratulations and keep up the great work.
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    very good. Congratulations!
  • kattydid65
    kattydid65 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Doing so well and you feel great! I love those NSVs! You must be so proud and happy! Way to go! Can't wait to see more results soon! Awesomeness!
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Look at you! Doing so well and you feel great! I love those NSVs! You must be so proud and happy! Way to go! Can't wait to see more results soon! Awesomeness!
    Wonderful news and THANKS! for walking for hemophilia!
  • Rscrappy
    Rscrappy Posts: 35
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the encourgement. I was a little down at weigh in yesterday when I was only down 1/10 of a pound but the smaller size made up for it by far. The Hemophilia walk is my first walk and as its for my dear great nephew I want to be able to do this with out getting tired, I know its only 5K which years ago would not have been a problem. But I got lazy and fat and I now am paying for it. I am trying to walk 4 or 5 times a week. Want to walk tonight but thunderstorms in the area so instead it will be some wii fit tonight.

Once again thanks for the kind words it makes me know this will all be worth it in the end.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!