under 100 cal shopping list

Options
I figured it would be a great time to start a list of foods that can be eaten and be under 100 cals. I went food shopping today and OH MY GOODNESS I found such good stuff that had UNDER 100 Calories per serving. WHat has other people gotten or tried? I am always open to try new things and I think this would be a good place to start a "under 100 cal shopping list" so we all know what is out there!!!

Jello- (premade in the cup containers)..... 10 calories
Apples with Caramel Dip......80 calories
Lobster and Seafood Dip.....45 cals per tbsp
Cabot reduced fat chedder cheese....50 cals
Reduced fat string cheese....60 cals
Lemon Buttered Fish.....90 cals
Grilled Salmon...100 calls
DOVE ICECREAM BARS.....60 cals

we should keep this list going!!! I think it would benefit the new comers and the people who are tired of the "same old thing"

Replies

• caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Sautéed mushrooms
    Steamed cauliflower
    Rice cake
    Lettuce turkey rollups
  • nightsrainfall
    nightsrainfall Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like these two sites I have listed below. But I should say first, when I eat fruits & veggies, I don't worry about limiting calories too much because if that's a majority of my diet I tend to go too far under calories (to an unhealthy point) if I'm thinking 'low' cal with that. When I eat grains & dairy, I will think low calories because with those I hit way too high. Anyway back to the 100 calories.

I like pictures so this is my favorite one - http://www.wisegeek.com/what-does-200-calories-look-like.htm
    I would just half things on there if you want only 100 calories - but this just reminds me that things like fruits I can eat more of than compared to grains or something that's more of a 'sweet'.

Otherwise if I'm looking for new snack and serving ideas I skim through this one.
    http://www.lhj.com/recipes/healthy/eating/200-snacks-under-100-calories/

Some of those I know you don't eat as a snack plain, but it gives me ideas on future recipes/snacks. I can half something, add it to something else - mix things up if I need to.
  • Ladyap28
    Ladyap28 Posts: 43
    Options
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/

I like this link ...there are great recipes listed.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Other than the fish, you listed a bunch of proccessed, fake crapola....
    You'd be better off eating a giant bowl of caulfilower with some real parmesan.
    Heck you can eat an entire head of caulfower instead of 2 tbsp of fat free cheese or dip.

If you watch your sodium ... I bet you'd be shocked.
    Enter all of those things in one day.... the cheese alone is probably over half your daily sodium :)

If you want even more fake, processed low cal ideas.... check out hungry girl. (yuck!)
  • JustWantToBeBetter
    Options
    I have so much that you will love!! Rice cakes-35 cal special k gronola bars-90cal those 100 calorie packets! fat free yogurt ( the brands I buy are 35 cals!) rice crackers ( 10 are like 90 cals!) rice krispies ( my daughter loves them as do I -90 cal) weight watchers bread can be 90-100 calories for two slices! Put a half a table spoon of light penut butter on one price their and you got under 100 call :D I also enjoy putting a half a cup of vanilla almond milk with a half a cup of special k cereal for under 100! Message me for more ideas! :)
  • cookiesrgood15
    cookiesrgood15 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    most helpful thank you!!! :flowerforyou:
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    One of the most important things that I've learned and started implementing in my daily food choices is to make every calorie count. Sure, I can eat a serving of baked potato chips for 140 calories, but I could also eat an entire plate of raw veggies with two tablespoons of hummus. Which one is going to make my body the happiest? I'd rather be over my calories with satisfying and healthy food choices, than under my calorie allowance and hungry from calories heavy junk food.
    That said, some of my favorite lighter snacks: Plate of raw veggies with hummus, multigrain toast with 1/2 tablespoon of peanut butter, apple with 1/2 tablespoon of nutella (hey, sweet tooth!), an egg scrabbled with bell peppers, spinach and mushroom.
  • cindyrey
    cindyrey Posts: 53
    Options
    HEALTHY LIFE WHITE BREAD 35 CAL
    KRAFT 2% AMERICAN CHEESE 45 CAL
    OSCAR MAYER DELI HAM 45 CAL FOR 6 SLICES
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    In WebMD this morning:

"25 Super Snacks With 100 Calories or Less"

http://www.webmd.com/diet/ss/slideshow-100-calorie-snacks?ecd=wnl_wlw_032412
  • pamjw50
    pamjw50 Posts: 2
    Options
    vitatops 100 calories and chocolate
    at www.vitalicious.com

Hungrygirl.com
    has good stuff on there
  • amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Not to start an argument, but some of us even if we are dieting and exercising and trying to get healthy are just not willing to give up everything we like -- even if it would be healthier. If I am within my calorie range, and I have done my exercise/workout for the day, and I want to eat something, I am going to eat it. Eating a plate of vegetables with hummus just does not give me the same feeling as eating a piece of chocolate or ice cream or whatever it is that I have. I dont care how much more I could get for the same calories.

I appreciate the ideas for the under 100 calories :)
  • kkrondon
    kkrondon Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just checked out the web md article; it's a great list of snacks under 100 calories. Will start snacking from this list immediately!