Why did I just do that?!

Options
I must be losing it. I just ordered a pair of $50 jeans for "motivation"!!! What if I never fit into them? What if I just wasted my money? Gah!!!

I'm sorry this post is so random, but I'm not sure what I was thinking....:ohwell:

Replies

• truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I must be losing it. I just ordered a pair of $50 jeans for "motivation"!!! What if I never fit into them? What if I just wasted my money? Gah!!!

I'm sorry this post is so random, but I'm not sure what I was thinking....:ohwell:
  • soggysox
    soggysox Posts: 18
    Options
    £50 jeans in the wardrobe sitting unused is massive motivation!! I say go for it!
    kt
  • Kate01
    Kate01 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

I agree fully with Soggysox ...... what better motivation..... I've always kept a pair of jeans from before I had children just to remind me what size I used to be..... I can almost fit into them now.... just a little bit more to lose....

Keep going.... u'll be wearing them no time at all...

:drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I would hang them OUTSIDE my closet door!

I found my skinny jeans after they were too big!!

It WILL Be done my friend.............it shall be done!!

:flowerforyou:
  • sbennett23
    sbennett23 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I actually wound up with a size 16 jeans when I was in a 22. I tried them on and they wouldn't go past my knees. I thought I was buying a 10 for my sister and when she got home it was the size 16. We got them from Kohls and the closest one is about 45 minutes away so rather than take them back I took the pants home with me and lo and behold I know wear them weekly! It can be great motivation!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    How is that different than someone buying that "skinny black dress" for motivation?

It sure would motivate me....

I have a few pieces of clothes in my closet that I use for motivation, too. A really cute blouse that my SIL gave me (bless her heart for thinking that I could actually fit into that!) keeps me motivated.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    Now you have a reason to get your *kitten* in gear! Don't let your money be wasted. I'm sure you'll look great in those jeans!
  • mfinney
    mfinney Posts: 314
    Options
    how great will it feel when you DO fit in them???

i think you did a wonderful thing for yourself!! whatever it takes, one day at a time, you can do this! you WILL get there, and you WILL wear those jeans proud!!!

:bigsmile:
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,061 Member
    Options
    I did the same (although not £50 jeans), but when I tried them on there was a 5 inch gap where I couldn't do them up, they fit now (still a little snug), but it sure helped me to lose the weight!!

I have a beautiful Chinese dress that my husband brought me before we were married and had children, and I would dearly love to get back into this one day....
  • overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I think it would be great motivation. I have jeans that I will use for motivation when the time comes.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

The only one that can bash that "What if" way of thinking is you......so fight to fit into them after all you spent 50 bucks "knowing" you could do it.....
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    I did this with a swim suit! It will be great when you fit in them :smile:
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    I keep a range of sizes in my closet, and as things start to get big I toss them. I have my prom dress which is now too big but I won't toss that. My jeans from when I was 16 are my smallest pair and they're a size 10. It feels great to find a pair of jeans and remember what time in your life you could wear those.
  • stef_e_b
    stef_e_b Posts: 593
    Options
    double post:noway:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Unless you bought them in an unreasonable size, it's completely worth it! Try them on every two weeks and keep a mental tab of how far up you can get them. It's great motivation!!! I'm getting out my hot mom pants this weekend! :laugh: