Can Gym Clothes Reach the Point of No Return?

Options
13»

Replies

• Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    BUY NEW CLOTHES.

I used to try to salvage my old stuff but honestly..the dry weave materials only last so long and even if you can keep a shirt for 2+ years the dry weave tehcnology gave out long before that due to all the washings, so they are not effectively doing their job anymore.
    Gym clothes and underwear I buy new often..some stuff you just gotta replace on a regular basis, ya know.
  • softballsharie
    softballsharie Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Last week I got 6 new workout outfits (by outfit I mean shirt, sports bra, pants, and socks) all were puma, nike, and adidas, and SUPER CUTE! You can see one of the new outfits in my pictures on my profile, it's the pink adidas one. Anyways, only spent 42.95 at TJ Maxx for all of it. Moral of the story, go to TJ Maxx for workout clothes. (I really hope you have one near by lol)
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post and all the great suggestions!

I have the same problem with my Taekwondo sparring gear and uniforms. Sunshine alone doesn't help much. But here in Seattle, I haven't seen the sun in at least 5 months.

I will try the vinegar trick next time and look for Tide plus Fabreeze Freshness Sport for my uniforms. I don't want to use bleach on my uniforms.

I tried Fabreeze sport spray in my gear bag, but it doesn't help much. I tried wiping down the gear with a bleach/water solution, then drying in them in the sun, but it didn't help much either.

Now I throw the gear in the washing machine on hand-wash cycle with a little bleach, fabric softener, and detergent. Then I let them air dry. It makes them smell good long enough so I can stand to spar in them for another month or two before I have to wash them again.
  • Allishole
    Allishole Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Tide Sports with Febreeze - Best invention ever!
    And AGREED about Hockey Players reeking....that smell could kill you!
  • ashfuse
    ashfuse Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I smell like ammonia when I work out and my workout close are starting to get bad. I tried baking soda but that didn't help LOL it's mostly my sports bras that have the odor. I'd love to replace but they are expensive.

Ebay! i am a DD so i can only wear really good sports bras. i have found many new ones on Ebay for a fraction of the cost :)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Mine are all still in great shape..it's just the smell! I've washed them over and over and it's still there. I am going to try laying them out in the sun and the vinegar because baking soda didn't really help. BUT, I didn't leave them soak in baking soda for 24 hours, either. I still have hope LOL