Wedding dress doesnt fit! :(

Options
13»

Replies

• EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    No offense, but if you were serious about this you would make the time to log your food. There is no magic button here. It takes work and dedication. It's a a part time job.

You're a lovely young woman and even if it's a mere 5lbs to lose, it takes dedication and effort. I don't see either.

None the less, i wish you the very best. Truly.

^^^ couldnt have said it better ... your diary shows a lack of seriousness

Just because I am not tracking on here doesnt mean I am not watching what I am eating or not working out. I am still working out 4-5 days a week and watching what I am eating. If I wasnt serious about it I wouldnt be tracking my doritos. I am not gong to lie and cheat myself by not tracking it just to make my diaries look cleaner. I understand what you are saying though, I am not totally eating the best as I could be. I know that I am not eathing enough. It is also hard figuring out how much I should be eating on the days I workout. I typcially do not eat my exercise calories back.

If you're asking for help - people are giving it to you - seems that you're shocked at the responses. please dont be offended.. we're just trying to help. You'll be a beautiful bride - just do what you've got to do!
    the next 2 months will fly by and you'll be supprised how fast it does go by....so, if you need to lose a couple of pounds you'll have to be strict. and really work at it. like another poster stated..it's a part time job.

Good luck and all the best in your upcoming marriage.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Tues 1390 - 290 = 1100 net

Wed 1538

Thurs 1580 Pizza and a pop tart for breakfast

Fri -tues blank

Thurs 1210 - 895 burn = 315 net (13 grams of protein for the whole day)

Fri 1310 -760 burn = 550 net

Sat 1961 -822 burn = 1139
    (900 of the calories on this day came from alchohol)

Sun 1560 One mexican restaurent meal for the whole day

Mon 1630 which consisted of one burger and a milkshake thingie for the whole day

Tues 1328 - 755 burn = 573 net

Wed 1034

Thurs 1026

Friday 410
    Kellogs Pop Tart - Frosted Cherry, 2 pastry
    Dr. Pepper - Diet Dr. Pepper - 12 oz Can, 1 can
    Please tell me that you are just a huge slacker with food entry and that wasn't really what you ate for the whole day.

Sat blank
    Sun 770

You are not the first person to think "I lose weight by eating less and exercising so if I eat almost nothing and do extreme cardio workouts I will lose even more!"

i don't understand how the OP thinks she is eating as best she could..?
  • wonderwomanwannaB
    Options
    When people are saying BMR and TDEE they are basically saying to figure out your calorie needs as if you stayed in bed all day and then what they are when you are active.

There are a lot of online programs that will do this for you, like the "automatic" settings on MFP.

It is actually impossible to "calculate" a BMR accurately without doing a physical test and there are hundreds of ways to take a "guess." I would say just let MFP do it for you in it's current settings or looking up the Mifflin St. Jeor equation (with activity factors!)

1 pound = 3500 kcals
    So to lose 1 lb a week, you can subtract 250 kcal from your Total Energy Expenditure (TEE) and then burn 250 through exercise daily.
    2lbs = -500 kcal from TEE and exercise 500 kcal daily.
  • ascott048
    ascott048 Posts: 61
    Options
    I have been married two years and am down 13 pounds from my weight on my wedding day and I often think -- girl you could have tried to lose ten pounds back then! Anyway, what I am trying to say is that those photos last forever, I love the way I looked as a bride even with the extra weight and I bought a dress that fit me at my actual size so I can't relate to that stress. But there is a part of me that looks back and wishes I had tried to drop a few pounds.

Sometimes we self sabotage and set ourselves up for failure. If you feel like you can live with yourself the way you are I would say just have the dress taken out. If not, don't set up some crazy plan for yourself only to find that you can't achieve it and give up each night by eating something crummy. If you do plan to try and lose the weight set some reasonable goals and most of all start making some meal plans and food changes. Also, if you do plan to move forward with losing, I would encourage you to remind yourself of the end result you want each time you think about drinking soda instead of drinking water or eating regular chips instead of baked, or pizza ordered out instead of homemade. You may find that the end result is more important than the instant gratification of the food in front of you. Sometimes the cupcake in front of you is more important at that moment and you just need that treat. As long as those are few and far between you will be just fine!

Is it possible for you to remove those tempting foods from your house? I am the kind of person that can't have it in the house or I WILL eat it. Maybe replacing those food items with more healthy options will help you.

I wish you the best of luck with either choice you make.
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Try 30 Day Shred and Then 30 Day Ripped by Jillian Michaels. You will be in the wedding dress in no time.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    TDEE = Total Daily Energy Expenditure (TDEE) Calculator - do a google search, or try this http://www.fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html

BME = Basal Metabolic Rate http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

I see you have removed your diary from public view; I guess you get the idea that people feel your intake is not helping you. Religiously log everything, and try to make choices that are going to be better for you - eg will I eat an apple or a pop tart? Both have sugar but an apple is better as far as nutrition, fibre, etc. goes.
    Will I eat KFC or low-fat subway?
    WIll I eat a microwaved potato or fries?
    Will I eat processed or fresh food? AKA "nude" food - near to nature as possible :laugh:

I am sure you get the idea, and as you log things you will see what is high in calories / fat / sugar / sodium.
    Drink lots of water.
    Exercise - some good ideas above.

Just thinking - is your goal realistic? Maybe you are already at a good healthy weight for your height and age? You look gorgeous in your photo. I would agree with the poster who said have a backup plan - you don't need any extra stress before the wedding day.

Hang in there, best of luck for your next few weeks :smile: