Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Question about counting calories.

2»

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    If you are nibbling and munching all day long - take how many calories you think you might be eating and double it, because that is probably more realistic. All those bites, licks and nibbles (BLTs) add up!
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    If you wanna pick at stuff, pull out one portion size and snack on it throughout the day.

This is a great idea!!!
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    In order to be successful you need to plan meals and keep track of what you are eating. You are taking control, not getting lost in mindless eating. The conditioning of your mind will allow your body to get fit. It is definitely work, but it gets easier as you do it.

I try to log my meals in early in the day so I have a rough idea of where I stand... I always make room for adjustments, but if I have a plan it's much easier.

I also pre-portion my snacks. I pack a banana, an apple or orange, some celery or cucumbers for those weak moments. Also, i'll count out little snack bags of crackers, chips, or baked veggie sticks so I know exactly how much I'm eating a sitting. I only eat them when I'm hungry, or having a weak moment... But, I know they will fit into my calories for the day. If I don't eat them, I delete the entry from my diary.

A few times I've "winged it" and logged the food after I've eaten, I've been shocked to see how many calories something contained. I then end up on the elliptical at 10:00 p.m. so I don't blow it for the day. Not ideal.

I also have found the recipe tab to be wonderful for determining how many calories a meal or snack contains. I've used it quite a few times. It is a great tool. A little effort will go a long way in helping this journey be a happy one for you:) Best of luck in your weight loss endeavors.