Options

Replies

• fjtcjt
    fjtcjt Posts: 199
    Options
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    Do you have this one? Does it work well?
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    I have the Reebok Precision XT and it is great! Does everything just like the expensive ones, except drain your wallet. It takes an inexpensive battery from Wal-Mart and you can change it yourself in 10 seconds! Other brands make you send it back for an expensive battery change. For me, its a no brainer!
  • HopTuNaa
    HopTuNaa Posts: 31
    Options
    I bought a Tesco One Life one on Monday. It's brilliant. Only £14.87...... as opposed to the Polar one - which was £27.99.... and not half as good. I love it... wonder why I didn't get one sooner. Seeing those burnt off calories adding up is addictive. hehe.
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    I just bought that exact one at Woot.com for close to the same price.

So far I love it, but this is the first one I've ever had so I couldn't compare it to anything else.

I do know that it works for me.....I know how many calories I burned, can look at a trend for the past 20 work outs, keeps track of time, and fat percentage burned - among other things.

For the price, it was a great deal. Polars look great, but they are pricey and you have to send it away to replace the battery.
  • mschooley
    mschooley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I have been looking around and didn't want to spend alot of money on one right now as I am just starting out. I just bought one!!
  • amberc82
    amberc82 Posts: 25
    Options
    Is the Reebok and the Precision basically the same thing?
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You're thinking Reebok and Proform. Those two are the same. The HRM is actually called Reebok Precesion XT.

I have this HRM and I :heart: it!!!!
  • amberc82
    Options
    Yes sorry. That is what I meant. I guess that is what I get for doing two things at one. :smile:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    be careful with Buy.com we had a bad experience with them last Christmas. order from them, they told us our product was shipped and gave a tracking # and everyhing, then 2 weeks went by and nothing come, when we finally got through to someone, they said it was back ordered, we could wait or cancel. we canceled, then 3 weeks later the product arrived on our doorstep. 3 days before christmas on a Friday eveening. we had already gotten another from somewhere else. well needless to say it was 5 days until we could get ahold of someone, and they said that it was too late to return it and we were just out of luck....WHAT??? we cancelled our order!!!! w e fought with them for 2 months and finally our bank got involved and refturned our money to us. it was a major pain in the @__*. personnally I would never order anything from this company again. :angry:
  • amberc82
    Options
    Oh no... I just ordered from them.... *crosses fingers*
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I was going to inquire about a hrm here. Is it really that imperative when exercising? Is it the most accurate way to count calories? I imagine it's more accurate than depending on the machines, right?
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    i really want to buy one, but now I'm afraid to buy it from buy.com!!!! Let us know if you get your HRM without any problems :smile:
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I was going to inquire about a hrm here. Is it really that imperative when exercising? Is it the most accurate way to count calories? I imagine it's more accurate than depending on the machines, right?

Nothing is "imperative" but it is a lot more accurate than using the machines. My HRM is consistently 100 to 150 below what it says on the exercise machines. Since using it, I've had better luck with the calorie management.
  • amberc82
    Options
    i really want to buy one, but now I'm afraid to buy it from buy.com!!!! Let us know if you get your HRM without any problems :smile:

Yes of course I will let you know. I have my fingers crossed that I don't have any problems. The free shipping was going to take to long so I paid a little extra to get it here within 3-5 business days. Hopefully it will make it here.
  • Kidvicious28
    Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    that's great :smile: thanks! I hope you get it! It'll make me feel better about buying one lol
  • amberc82
    Options
    Okay everyone!!!! I got the HRM in today. I paid the extra money to have it shipped within 3-5 business days. It came in 3 days. I think it is a great deal and I would recommend trying it. Have a great day.