changing calorie intake!

Options
Hey everyone,
I have a quick question and I want to hear your opinion.

I've been doing this for about 3 months now and I love it. I have lost about 8 lbs. I started at 126 lbs and I want to get down to about 112 lbs or 110 lbs. I'm 4'11. MFP suggested that I should eat about 1240 calories and I've been pretty hungry. Tonight I noticed I've been exceeding my fitness goals by an hour. So, I ended up changing my goal to "very active" than "active" because I usually exercise 120min a day 5-6 days a week. After changing my goals, MFP recommended that I should eat 1350 calories in order to lose 1 lbs a week.

What do you think about this goal change? I guess there's nothing wrong with trying it out right? What are your opinions? Has anyone experienced this and been successful?

Thanks for the help! And please add me as a friend if you want, I'd love the support and motivation and I'll return the favor!!

Replies

• atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Personally I think everyone should have their weight loss set to 1 lb per week, get people to quit starving themselves.

Back to your topic though, the "Active" and "Sedentary" options are not to include your exercise. It's used to calculate your resting calorie burn based on your daily activities. Obviously a mail man is going to burn more calories than someone working a desk job on any given day. I wouldn't change it unless it's true for you. I have a desk job and college so I don't do much when I'm not exercising, so I chose sedentary.

I upped my calorie intake a few weeks back, and I've been happy with how things are going. I'm not hungry anymore during the day and the scale is moving in a good direction again. Do what you think feels right, if you could use an extra little snack at some point then up your calories. With you being active plus exercising, there is no way you're going to gain weight eating that little.
  • marcenepea
    marcenepea Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I just upped my calories from 1200 to 1460 ( i think ) tonight. I decided a slower weight lose would be better for me. And it should help me from messing up on a day to day basis. I will send you a friend request and we can lose together.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,
    I have a quick question and I want to hear your opinion.

I've been doing this for about 3 months now and I love it. I have lost about 8 lbs. I started at 126 lbs and I want to get down to about 112 lbs or 110 lbs. I'm 4'11. MFP suggested that I should eat about 1240 calories and I've been pretty hungry. Tonight I noticed I've been exceeding my fitness goals by an hour. So, I ended up changing my goal to "very active" than "active" because I usually exercise 120min a day 5-6 days a week. After changing my goals, MFP recommended that I should eat 1350 calories in order to lose 1 lbs a week.

What do you think about this goal change? I guess there's nothing wrong with trying it out right? What are your opinions? Has anyone experienced this and been successful?

Thanks for the help! And please add me as a friend if you want, I'd love the support and motivation and I'll return the favor!!

TDEE is about 1921 so take 20% from that and net that number.
    Anything lower is going to hurt your lean mass.

Be sure you have protein and fat set to about 30% each.
    PM me if you have any questions.