Starvation mode

Options
2»

Replies

• doobyden
    doobyden Posts: 25
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! Lots of food for thought :smokin:

However, I should point out that 1200/1300 calories is not the norm- these are my less hungry/ busier days. My usual day is around 1500. The point being, on these days am I edging into SM without breakfast? And btw, I'm not skipping brekky to starve myself, just the thought of eating when I wake up makes me wanna barf.

Also, massive EUREKA moment with Intermittant Fasting! Thanks for linking that up for me :flowerforyou: I've seen some research recently that suggests that IF can be a good thing, struck me as kinda obvious as our palaeolithic counterparts more than likely couldn't manage 4 meals a day. But hey, if that works for you, then ace.

BUT... need to look into the effect of insulin on this.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    The point being, on these days am I edging into SM without breakfast? And btw, I'm not skipping brekky to starve myself, just the thought of eating when I wake up makes me wanna barf.

No, and if you don't want to eat breakfast then just don't eat breakfast. You're fine.
    Also, massive EUREKA moment with Intermittant Fasting! Thanks for linking that up for me :flowerforyou: I've seen some research recently that suggests that IF can be a good thing

I'd call it personal preference. Whatever gives you the best adherence to your plan should be what you stick with, being mindful of your individual intolerances/needs.
  • doobyden
    Options
    There is soooo much info out on the interwebz that it can be hard to decipher. Part of that is that a study from 2001 is still available on the web even if it is superseded by a study in 2010.

Aint that the truth!
  • doobyden
    Options
    The point being, on these days am I edging into SM without breakfast? And btw, I'm not skipping brekky to starve myself, just the thought of eating when I wake up makes me wanna barf.

No, and if you don't want to eat breakfast then just don't eat breakfast. You're fine.
    Also, massive EUREKA moment with Intermittant Fasting! Thanks for linking that up for me :flowerforyou: I've seen some research recently that suggests that IF can be a good thing

I'd call it personal preference. Whatever gives you the best adherence to your plan should be what you stick with, being mindful of your individual intolerances/needs.

Ok, thanks :happy: