Heart Rate

Options
fitzfour
fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
Hi All-

I purchased a HRM a few months ago and have been using it for every workout I do. I do mainly videos at home, but also the elliptical machine at home too and weight lifting about 2 x week. My question is this: I struggle with any workout I do to stay out of the anaerobic range...I'm always at 80% or more once I get past the warm-up. This has been good for weight loss, but think I need to be down a bit to get in the fat burning mode. Any ideas? I tried Pilates and found it way too boring. I've found that walking keeps me in that range, but I get bored with that too. I do a lot of Tae-Bo, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs and others of the like. I tried doing all the beginner modifications in each video and I'm still pushing 80%. I'm 5'3" and 138 pounds...been working out 6 x per week for about an hour for 6 months now. Also, I burn a high about of calories...on the elliptical it's 1,000/hour without much effort. Is this normal?

Replies

• fitzfour
    fitzfour Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Hi All-

I purchased a HRM a few months ago and have been using it for every workout I do. I do mainly videos at home, but also the elliptical machine at home too and weight lifting about 2 x week. My question is this: I struggle with any workout I do to stay out of the anaerobic range...I'm always at 80% or more once I get past the warm-up. This has been good for weight loss, but think I need to be down a bit to get in the fat burning mode. Any ideas? I tried Pilates and found it way too boring. I've found that walking keeps me in that range, but I get bored with that too. I do a lot of Tae-Bo, Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs and others of the like. I tried doing all the beginner modifications in each video and I'm still pushing 80%. I'm 5'3" and 138 pounds...been working out 6 x per week for about an hour for 6 months now. Also, I burn a high about of calories...on the elliptical it's 1,000/hour without much effort. Is this normal?
  • kwieringa
    kwieringa Posts: 4
    Options
    check out my reply to: Topic: Target Heart Rate for Weight Loss?