is there such a thing as salt weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    YES if your eating alot of salt your body will hold onto it for even a few days! try drinking a few glasses of water with some fresh squeezed lemon in it..it will take your swelling right down trust me I have this all the time :)
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    As far as I understand it, the OP SAID she's going to drink lots of water to remedy it, so I don't know why people are telling that not drinking water isn't going to help her.

I think you're getting confused, that's a double negative so telling her 'NOT drinking water ISN'T going to help' is the same as saying drinking water is going to help.

The weird thing is..if your bloated from to much salt or if your holding onto water weight..the key is to drink MORE water NOT LESS..sounds weird I know but its true!
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    that is water weight. Salt makes you retain water. Drink plenty of water today and it will go away.
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Sooo....it wasn't going away and I was GAINING weight so I finally googled "naproxen" and found that to be the culprit! I was on it for a running injury but off it as of yesterday so looking forward to going back to my "normal" self.