p90x or Jillian Michaels Body Revolution??

Options
hbiffle
hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
I've been doing Jillian Michaels 30DS but am looking to purchase another workout video once I am done and am considering p90x or JM's Body Revolution. They are both around the same price, so that's not a factor. Any advice or recommendations from people that have done either would be greatly appreciated!!

Replies

• RheneeB
    RheneeB Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I think both would yield the same results but I don't think Tony is quite as annoying as Julian. I have tried one of her DVD's and I couldn't stand her constant warning into the camera that I was going to make her really mad if I didn't do things right or keep up. I think Tony has a much more positive approach to motivating people to do well.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I decided to get Body Revolution because I already knew I liked Jillian's Ripped in 30 and No More Trouble Zones so well. It wasn't as big of a risk for me. I was scared I'd spend that much on p90x, or something else, and then hate it. Well I have completed 2 weeks of Body Revolution and like it so far :-) Although sometimes I still think .... maybe I should have gotten Chalean Extreme or something like that. ;) There are just so many good choices.
    Good luck choosing!
  • phatsoslim
    phatsoslim Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have both. I think you would be better off with Body Revolution. The workouts aren't as long as the workouts of P90X
  • PDSweitzer
    Options
    I have been using Tony Horton's P90X off and on. I enjoy his wit and positive attitude. The program really mixes up the body part workouts. His workout crew show all different techniques/difficulty that you can put to use. His workouts are about an hour long. This includes the warm up and stretching. Tony makes you feel good about yourself, to try your best and forget the rest!
  • hbiffle
    Options
    I think I'm gonna order the Body Revolution cause I really enjoy the 30 minute workouts and can always find time for that compared to an hour long workout. On days I'm not feeling up to working out I can always push myself by saying "it's only 30 mins." Thanks for everyone's feedback!
  • DaveMXF
    DaveMXF Posts: 52
    Options
    I used P90X to lose 30lbs and it worked great for me, very structured, excellent nutrition plan, the best part IS the variation of the workouts, basically you have 3 weeks of 3 resistance days (chest, back, arms, shoulders, legs and abs) then 2 days cardio (Plyometrics, Kenpo X,) 1 day yoga, then rest, then a "rest week" where you do a combination Cardio, Yoga and a Core workout which is basically a full body workout, rinse and repeat, the resistance exercises are changed up,and you do another 3 weeks, then a recovery week. Switch back for the last 3 weeks, and another recovery week, and POOF your done....if you followed the nutrition plan and you don't miss / skip workouts, you will have amazing results. Best part it's guaranteed. 90 days money back guarantee. I don't know anything about the other workout , but I do know P90X worked for me. Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'd be happy to help.
  • allibean15
    Options
    Hi, Can I ask how you log it in? I just started 30 day shred and dont know how to log it. Thanks
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I love beachbody work outs.. People either love them or hate them. I tend to stick with something that works and shows fast results. I have always gotten this with beachbody.
  • hbiffle
    Options
    Hi, Can I ask how you log it in? I just started 30 day shred and dont know how to log it. Thanks

I log it as circuit training.