Ideas for exercise Video's???

Options
Good morning y'all! I am in the market for exercise videos for beginners. I all ready walk everyday however, I am ready to take my routine to the next level. I don't want to start with something that will kick my a#% and make me timid in doing it again. Would appreciate any suggestions you may have! Thanks peeps! :wink:

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Kelly Coffey Meyers 30 Minutes to Fitness: Start Here. Has 2 - 30 minute workout plus premixes to help keep it fresh. Uses weights

Power Fit: Stephanie Huckabee These are 20 minute workouts that use a resistance band. If you buy the set on totalfitnessdvds.com it will come with at least one band (maybe 3). You move up by using a heavier band & doubling (or combining) the workouts.

Both these ladies are wonderfully motivating without being annoying.
  • evans72002
    evans72002 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred. It is a short workout that has modifiers for beginners.
  • LeslieMDoyle
    LeslieMDoyle Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Shaun T's Rockin' Body series. It's a BeachBody product. It's all about the dancing. There's disco and hip-hop and all sorts of music. And several workout videos to choose from. He's also the guy that does Insanity. but this one is much more lightweight...which was good for me, starting out at 235 lbs and being really out of shape. After just a few weeks, I'm able to finish the routines without stopping. And I'm looking forward to moving up to a more intense workout after this one.
  • stormynyts
    stormynyts Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Bellydance: Fitness for Beginners. Low impact but highly effective if you stick to it! And fun!!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Good morning y'all! I am in the market for exercise videos for beginners. I all ready walk everyday however, I am ready to take my routine to the next level. I don't want to start with something that will kick my a#% and make me timid in doing it again. Would appreciate any suggestions you may have! Thanks peeps! :wink:

Free / inexpensive resources. Test the waters a bit.

Library has videos, Netflix streaming has a few videos, Netflix rental has tons of videos. Hulu.com has a health & fitness channel to stream videos. Amazon Prime also sreams a few

Collagevideo.com and Totalfitnessdvds.com are wonderful resources. Video clips and reviews provide you with the fitness level, the impact level, the equipment required, etc. These websites make it much easier to pick something that is right for you.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Anything by Leslie Sansone ("Walk Away the Pounds")
  • k7n2w3
    k7n2w3 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansome has some walk to lose weight and get in shape videos. I just bought the 3 mile one for a friend. Insanity is my fave but it is probably the most difficult thing i've ever done in my life! I'd rather run 12 miles than do a 40 minute insanity some days!

SW 155.1
    GW and CW 112.0
  • ezrahartman
    Options
    P90X or any Beachbody workout (go to their website and check them out). Dependent on your level of working out, you should find something....:smile:
  • nymami
    nymami Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Shaun T's Hip Hop Abs & Rockin Body are excellent. They have someone who does the modifications so you don't kill yourself when you first start out. I have used both with great success. If you need someone to get them from just email me.
  • dis5150
    dis5150 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I just ordered "Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga, with Bob Harper". It's supposed to be excellent. Has 3 different levels, plus a warm up and cool down and you can select what order you want them to play in. It is also supposed to be easier on your joints, if someone is looking for that. Everyone says it kicks your butt and makes you sweat, but it is good for beginners, too. Has great reviews on Amazon.com. My daughter is doing his "Yoga Warrior" DVD and I don't think I'm up to that one yet. :)

16621806.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Anything Leslie Sansone has done (walk away the pounds, walk at home, etc.)
    Yoga
    Bellydance - anything bellydance superstars is very good.
    Some of the Jillian Michaels stuff is okay, I still find it all quite challenging and I'm not new to exercise.
    If you have a wii, Wii fit (plus) is awesome for beginners.
  • hiswifetheirmommy
    hiswifetheirmommy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs is amazing for beginners! I loved it! Also, any of The Biggest Loser workout are fairly easy and most of them have different levels, all with modified movements for beginners.
  • FitnFabMichelle
    FitnFabMichelle Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of others - Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds videos are great!
  • tnjackso1
    tnjackso1 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone....I love all of her workouts but the best is the ultimate workout. The ultimate workout plans your week of workouts for you so you don't have to try and mix up anything and you can also create your own work out.... Let me know what you think!!
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Maybe try Basic Step, Body Fusion, Low Impact Challenge, or Turbobarre by Cathe Friedrich. She has awesome workouts for intermediate/advance exercisers but these ones are a bit easier and a great place to start working up :)
  • Emili03
    Emili03 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Zumba Cardio Party! This works every part of your body and gets your heart rate up and keep it up. Of course live class id WAY more fun but this is still much better than the treadmill. :)
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I love the Leslie Sansone videos. She has such great variety of videos. Even if you go to her walkathome.com website, you can sample her videos to see if you like them.
    I also bought Zumba DVD's. I love the variety that those 2 different types give me. I try to walk outside as much as possible.
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I go to the library to find videos I like then I buy them from amazon one of my favorites is 10 minute solution Dance off fat fast, Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim Bollywood Booty, Billy Blaze body boot camp is good to. Good Luck in finding what you like.

Or you could try Jazzercise class we have one near us to try for free in March on fridays and if you like it you pay a one time sign up fee of $20.00 then $35.00 a month and you can go as many times as you want. I am going to start that this friday to see if I like it.
  • amyniceneasy
    amyniceneasy Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'll second the suggestion of the Kelly Coffey Meyers DVD. I jjust got one and I love her style. She's not annoying like JM. :)
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    i also like Jennifer Galardi's Hip Hop Party (easier) and Cardio Hip Hop (harder); they are both great fun. A lot of the Dance Off the Inches workouts are fun if you like dance.