Couple of questions

Options
It's been 4 weeks (this is my 5th week) since I've been on MFP and I have noticed I only lose every other week. My first week I lost 2lbs, second week nothing, third week 2lbs and last week nothing again. I'm really hoping to see a loss this week! Is this normal? I weigh-in every Friday morning.

Also, how often is it recommended to measure? I took my first measurements on March 2nd. Curious when I should check my measurements.

Thank you! :)

Replies

• dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    *bumping*
  • Lukazetta
    Lukazetta Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Assuming you're exercising regularly, the first bit of weight you lose tends to be water weight (not saying you didn't work hard to lose it though).

Keep on grinding, you will lose more with time as long as your diet is in tune with your daily routine. Don't really know much info so I don't want to just give you random tips.

I do measuring once every 3 or 4 days because my weight tends to vary a lot depending on when I measure.

Good luck!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great! Congrats on the loss so far, and I am sure you will continue to lose successfully if you keep up what you are doing. Everyone is different as far as the timing of weight loss, so you will probably get a lot of different answers to question of what is "normal"...

You can check your measurements whenever you want, keeping in mind that the longer you wait between measuring the more likely you are to see a substantial change in the numbers. So if you can handle peaks and valleys with your weight and measurements, check them as often as you'd like. But if you may be disappointed by little or no change in numbers (or even slight gains), try spreading out your check-ins. Best wishes:flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    Wow! I just wanted to say, look at your "join" date! October of 2005. Props.

As far as the weight loss, just keep logging as honestly as you are able, and keep exercising, and it will come off.
  • dreamchaser12
    dreamchaser12 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    LOL! I don't even remember joining in 2005! A friend recommended this site and when I registered it said I already had an account. So I just changed my username and password. So technically I just joined in February. :wink:

Thank you for your replies. I do understand that everyones normal is going to be different. I just find it strange that I'm losing every other week.

My first week MFP had my settings at 1,200 calories a day and I was finding I was hungry ALL the time! So I changed my settings to 1lb a week loss (had it at 2lbs a week) and now I have 1,420 calories. Much happier with that. I do exercise, it's mostly walking (either on my treadmill or outside), and I go to a one hour bootcamp class one night a week. I'm planning on adding more, just easing in to it. On the days I exercise I eat back about half of my extra calories. I'm also drinking my water every day.

I feel good, so I know I'm doing okay. I know the weight didn't come on overnight and won't come off fast either. I'm a paient person, and am willing to put in the work. The results will be worth it! :happy: