Help/Join me in losing weight for the wedding

Options
Hey everyone - I'm new to MyFitnessPal and I am really excited about using it. I have the app on my new iphone (which I love!) and I'm very dedicated to using it every day. It's very helpful with the reminders. I do have an issue of doing all the exercise that I need to do, so I'm trying to get as much accountability as possible.

If anyone wants to join me in losing weight for a wedding, that would be awesome!!! My wedding is in 104 days (July 1st, 2012) and I hope to lose anywhere from 20-50 pounds. (I know 50 pounds may be pushing it, but I have about 100 pounds to lose to be at my ideal weight). So, this is my plea ---- let's join forces to keep each other accountable and motivated. If you have some weight to lose for your wedding, I'm sure you're going nuts with all the planning for the wedding, LET ALONE trying to look your best for the wedding.... so, let's keep in touch and help each other.

This is the way I see it.... this is the only wedding I will have - so that delicious cheeseburger is not going to help me get to where I want to be for the wedding. What will taste more delicious? Seeing a slimmer you on the wedding day or remembering how delicious that cheeseburger was? I just have to remind myself of that every day!

Who's with me? :laugh:

Replies

• nebulinda
    nebulinda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm going to a wedding in June (not my wedding, though). I will join you in yoru wedding weight loss.
  • Jillian1104
    Jillian1104 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in September. I'll join you!
  • Plupot
    Plupot Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm the head bridesmaid at a wedding in December (for a very skinny bride) so I'll join you too :)
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the wedding! :) good luck!
  • Devinsmama2309
    Options
    i'm getting married in September. I'll join you. I have about 45 lbs to lose til my ideal weight... but I'm hoping to lose around 25-30 before the wedding. Feel free to add me!
  • cassieko
    cassieko Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married on May 5th!!! I have 7 more pounds to lose until my wedding goal (ten more after that)
    I have a dress fitting today!! :D
  • 13joanne
    13joanne Posts: 59
    Options
    Hi I'm getting married this year not till oct but have got my dress already it's a size 12 I'm a 14 at the min and want to lose a stone I'm finding it really hard so let's help each other .
  • jgondor
    jgondor Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    im getting married in october, so feel free to add me too!
  • SmileyNicki_78
    SmileyNicki_78 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm already married, but trying to lose weight for vacation in June. (Going to The Outer Banks). Add me and we'll keep eachother motivated!!!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    good luck. my advice is to start strength training. start yesterday if possible. pick up the book, "new rules of lifting for women."
  • zsaoosh
    zsaoosh Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am getting married in October! CONGRATS! You can add me if you want :drinker:
  • kmb1282
    kmb1282 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have my wedding planned for March 2013, I will join you in the weight loss. My goal is to be 30 pounds lighter by Sept. 1st and toned by the wedding! I'd love to fit in that size 4 dress that I have had tucked away for the past 10 years. Currently I am a size 10 and 30 pounds over my "'average" weight. We can do this!! I also have the hardest time with sticking to a diet/exercise plan but i know it is the only way to lose the weight and keep it off!

My favorite "pasta" splurge includes no pasta but instead a tofu substitution. It comes in a bag (Shirataki Noodles) and is a much healthier alternative. Be sure to rinse well and boil on high for just a few minutes (~3) and slather on the Chunky Vegetable Marinara sauce (I even add my own veggies to kick up the vegetable in take). The noodles are cheap too about $2 /bag. They are a little softer than regular pasta but just remember they are healthier!!

http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx
  • JENJEN2011
    JENJEN2011 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratualtions! I am getting married 5/8/12. Feel free to add me!
  • kmb1282
    kmb1282 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/biteout/show/2157

A little more information on those noodles mentioned above. :happy:
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, This is how I started my weight loss journey. I had a year to lose weight for my wedding and I did it on my own and lost 35lb's before and another 30lb's after. I recently started making friends on mfp and the support I have received from everyone is so motivating. Add me if you would like, I'm still trying to lose that last 10lb's!!! Good luck to you :smile:
  • radiva1
    radiva1 Posts: 27
    Options
    hey there, add me!!! my wedding is on August 11 :0)
  • HardyGirl4Ever
    HardyGirl4Ever Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I'll join! Is there a group? I had my wedding last summer (and gained back all the weight I lost. :-() I'm in we wedding on June 30th though, and I don't want to be the fat one in the pictures.
  • gecuneo
    gecuneo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am getting married on September 7th and am hoping to lose 25-35 lbs before the wedding. Feel free to add me! :-)
  • AlynnP1005
    AlynnP1005 Posts: 195
    Options
    I already added the OP but if anyone else wants to add me....I am getting married in November and am trying to lose around 65lbs.
  • spatel129
    spatel129 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm getting married on Nov 10th, 2012. I need all the motivation I can get to lose ~20 lbs for the wedding.