Disney World or Universal Studios (Harry Potter)

Options
2»

Replies

• applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I absolutley love Disney (Hollywood Studios is fantastic)! I have also been to Universal, my kids loved the rides. Unfortunately for me, I could not ride much at Universal because they do not accomodate larger guests (I do not have a large belly, but I have very wide hips). I was unable to ride most of the thrill rides (which I was very much looking forward to) and could not ride the Harry Potter ride either. I was very disappointed with Universal, because I can ride any and everything I wanted to at Disney. Needless to say, it was a very humiliating day for me. Just wanted to give you a heads-up, as I do not know what your build is like.

I do agree with all of the other posters about how amazing the Harry Potter experience is...being a huge HP fan myself. You should definately save some calories for a butter beer!

Side note: my future NSV is to get on that damned Harry Potter ride, come hell or high water for my next trip to Orlando!! But will definatley also make a stop at Hollywood Studios. :happy:

I hope you and your daughter have a great day in whichever park you choose.

Thanks for the heads up, and what a great attittude to have for a future nsv.
  • shalinimunjal
    shalinimunjal Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I myself would choose Universal!!! I'm dying to see the Harry Potter arena and that ride sounds soooo wonderful! I'm a HUGE HP fan! Have a great time!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Okay I could sure use some help in making a vacation decision. We got notice that we are extending our spring break trip, originally planned on us going to Washing D.C. for 5 days. Now we are going to D.C. for 5 days then flying to Florida so my husband can attend a work conference. My husband's boss has offered to pay for my daughter and I to go to Disney or Universal for a day. We are only in Florida for half a day (the day we land), one full day and then half a day the day we fly home. I am trying to decide which one Disney Park to go to or Universal Studios Island Adventure, which is where Harry Potter is located.

It's just my 12 yr. old daughter and I going to the park and we plan on wanting to spend the whole day there.

Which one would you choose and why?

I much prefer Islands of Adventure. And keep in mind, if you go to Disney, there are four parks (not counting the two water parks!) and you will have time for one, maybe two, only. You can do Universal in a day (there are actually two parks, but it costs more per ticket to do both) in half a day, which means you can probably do a few rides more than once.

I was just there a couple weeks ago and HP World was AMAZING!!! Butterbeer is the best thing I ever drank. lol

One thing I'll say, especially if it's busy, is to wait until later in the day to do the rides in HP. We got this advice from the park staff (though it was a slow day when we were there, so waits were short). Everyone who goes hits that part of the park first and then makes their way around. So by the time you get there if you go later, it's less busy.

Also, Universal closes at 7, so you can leave there and have dinner somewhere and hit mini golf and ice cream and stuff on International.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    (Also, Islands has water rides in the park and it's hot down here!)