GROSS! GROSS! GROSS!

Replies

• singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    We're grossed out over a bug, but we're ok with processed foods????
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    We're grossed out over a bug, but we're ok with processed foods????

yes.:huh: you would be fine with eating a bug in your food?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Could have been worse...she could have only found HALF of the bug left! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:devil:
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    ....or a half of a bug covered in COOL WHIP.. Mmm.. sounds nummy!
  • rainbowman
    rainbowman Posts: 77
    Oh wow! I would have to laugh at that, after I screamed hysterically and possibly pootied my pants!!

It's just nature, sweetheart. Bugs live in the plants that we eat! Sometimes they hitch a ride. Did you ask the waiter if the chef could maybe deep fry the little bugger (teehee, get it, "little bugger?" Laugh, dammit! It's funny! :laugh:) Or dip it in some chocolate? Everything's good in chocolate, especially if you are drunk enough. :drinker:

Of course I'm kidding!!! :flowerforyou:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Oh wow! I would have to laugh at that, after I screamed hysterically and possibly pootied my pants!!

It's just nature, sweetheart. Bugs live in the plants that we eat! Sometimes they hitch a ride. Did you ask the waiter if the chef could maybe deep fry the little bugger (teehee, get it, "little bugger?" Laugh, dammit! It's funny! :laugh:) Or dip it in some chocolate? Everything's good in chocolate, especially if you are drunk enough. :drinker:

Of course I'm kidding!!! :flowerforyou:

My dad had chocolate covered spiders in Laos - he loved them. Its only really western cultures that have an issue eating insects.

Also... any of you eat lobster? Shrimp? They're both arthropods. Just like insects.
  • rainbowman
    I guess the only bug that would have deterred me from finishing the salad would have been a roach...cicadas are not so bad. I know some landscapers that play a game called, "close your eyes and eat what I shove in your mouth." Mostly a worm/grub diet for them.

Honey, if you know some landscapers with virtues like yours that swing to the sweet side I :heart: that game! :wink:
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    My dad had chocolate covered spiders in Laos - he loved them. Its only really western cultures that have an issue eating insects.

Also... any of you eat lobster? Shrimp? They're both arthropods. Just like insects.

Like rainbowman said, chocolate makes everything better :laugh:.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I was eating my freshly made salad -- halfway through a really big bug crawled out! He had antennas!! and legs and wings and he was in my salad...

For that? I deserve a whopper and fries for lunch. LOL all the preservatives and cooked and processed!!! no live bugs!

so grossed out!
    actually you dont deserve or even want a whopper can u imagine what they do when handling food lol..yuk id rather eat the bug...:bigsmile:
  • rainbowman

Like rainbowman said, chocolate makes everything better :laugh:.

Amen!!! :drinker:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    I once opened a bran new jar of Cheeze Whiz and there was a maggot right on top.. It was dead though,, It was disgusting.. I brought it back to the store.. got my money back and NEVER bought or had Cheeze whiz or anything like it again! :sick:
  • Someone on here found a grasshopper in their can of corn or something like that a while ago. NASTY!!

It was spinach, it was me and it was nasty!:laugh:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    ,,,I know some landscapers that play a game called, "close your eyes and eat what I shove in your mouth." Mostly a worm/grub diet for them.

Honey, if you know some landscapers with virtues like yours that swing to the sweet side I :heart: that game! :wink:

Now that's funny,,, Hehehe,,, :laugh:

Guys - I'm a hardcore motorcyclist. I ride in 20K miles a year in hillbilly southern Ohio with an open faced helmet. I eat so many bugs I log them in my food diary. I promise you, they don't hurt a thing.
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    oh gross I hate bugs!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    If you can find that bug, I'll eat him for ten bucks! (I get to check and make sure he isn't poisonous first though!) :tongue:

bugs don't really bother me that much. Except millipedes, and yellow jackets.
  • pipinana
    pipinana Posts: 2,356 Member
    Guys - I'm a hardcore motorcyclist. I ride in 20K miles a year in hillbilly southern Ohio with an open faced helmet. I eat so many bugs I log them in my food diary. I promise you, they don't hurt a thing.

LOL, sooooo true, dang bugs!!!! :bigsmile: <--- got any bugs in there?

THE worst are the June Bugs... You ever been hit by one of those on a bike? Enough to knock you out right there! lol
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    I've caught a big Juney on the bridge of my nose @ 70mph. Ya, it sux. :noway:
  • lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    ....or a half of a bug covered in COOL WHIP.. Mmm.. sounds nummy!

ahaha i love all the cool whip references!
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403 Member
    I get the whole nature thing,,,

but when you dont expect it to crawl up and look at you,,, the shock factor. ick...

processed foods are way worse for use than some silly ol bug.
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Bugs............. yuk! My husband would roll his eys and then say something like :mmmmmmmmmm protein! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: He always wears his helmet once the weather warms up - bugs splatting on the forehead or cheeks hurt!! :wink:
This discussion has been closed.