My personal Yippee moment

Options
I am training for my very first half marathon this May, prior to training for this I have only ever run three 5ks. My longest run ever has been 5 miles and this was last summer.

So Saturday was a beautiful day here so I put on my running shoes and told my husband that I was going for a run, and I only planned to run 4 miles - well 4 miles came and went, then 5 miles came and went, then 6 miles - so I am like lets go - I ran 7 miles in 1:22 and felt like I could have went maybe another mile but I was already home and didn't feel like circling back out.

I felt so good and I am NOW confident that I can run the 13.1 miles in under 3 hours NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!!

So flippin excited :happy:

Replies

• JenniferInNY
    JenniferInNY Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That's awesome. I am a beginning runner and I hope to have a running moment like you describe. I can run for about 25 minutes max now, so I'm still a bit far from where you are...but your story is very motivating!
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Thank you.

When I first starting running I could only run 5 minutes at a stretch.

You will do it!!
  • i_am_losing_it
    i_am_losing_it Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congrats on reaching a new personal high! :)
  • cushygal
    Options
    Thanks Donnma
  • the_great_unknown
    the_great_unknown Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's inspiring. I am just starting C25K and hope to work up to longer distances.
  • persilcolours
    persilcolours Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! I love that feeling. Nothing beats being in the middle of a long run and feeling so strong!

I've been out of the running game since the holidays, but I just started again two weeks ago and I cannot wait to get that runner's high again! Congratulations!
  • cushygal
    Options
    Thanks all :smile: