Cheating? Really?

Options
BruteSquad
BruteSquad Posts: 373 Member
First off, I am not dogging anyone for using the terminology.

I just don't like the term "Cheating"

At least not in terms of diet. You can't cheat. Cheating implies getting away with something. You can't get away with it. It will reflect in your body. Even if you could "cheat", you are only cheating yourself....

You can cheat on your wife, you can cheat at cards, but you really can't cheat on a diet. I would think that if we are trying to take back our lives and make good choices and be accountable it takes a paradigm shift. IMHO saying, "I decided to have a cookie today" is more empowering and gives a sense of responsibility that is healthier than " I get to cheat today so I am having a cookie." Yeah it is semantics, but as we all know.... words mean things....

Replies

• elelat
    elelat Posts: 117
    Options
    I agree with you. We should always seek to use a good speech.

and about cheating, I also agree with you. Its cheating on you self. If it is part of the deal to have a day off the diet (what ever that means) then refer to use the correct words. :)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Call it what you want - it is what it is.
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! This is my new life. I spent the first 43 years of my life cheating myself of this healthy life....cheating my kids out of a mother that could keep up with them....cheating death by being obese....the next 43 years are going to be spent being faithful to my new life! No more cheating for me. I have learned my lesson
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. Cheating on a diet isn't cheating if you already know.