Milk substitutes question.

Options
2»

Replies

• ablykins
    ablykins Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I go for unsweetened almond milk- it tastes great in cereal and works well in all my recipes. If you want real cow's milk- the brand Hood makes a calorie smart "Calorie Countdown" milk that you could try.
  • sarahnicole218
    Options
    I am lactose intolerant and started with soy milk, which I could never drink alone, but loved it on my cereal. However, I have switched to almond milk, much better flavor and the consistency is much closer to cow's milk than soy milk is. I love the unsweetened vanilla almond milk (40 cals/cup) for my cereal or coffee, but if I just wanted a glass of milk, I enjoy regular almond milk (60 cals/cup).
  • MyrianeO
    MyrianeO Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love Almond milk - even more than regular milk.. It does have the consistency of skim milk and the taste is similar, you get tons of calcium too! Make sure to get the unsweetened though - it's a lot less calories than cow's milk..

For a tasty treat, add 1 tsp of vanilla and 1tsp of splenda - delicious vanilla milk
  • degilbe69
    degilbe69 Posts: 27
    Options
    I too drink skim milk, but love vanilla almond milk, unsweetened for my cereals or to mix in anything that calls for milk...

How does it taste in coffee? :)
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I too drink skim milk, but love vanilla almond milk, unsweetened for my cereals or to mix in anything that calls for milk...

How does it taste in coffee? :)

Great in coffee.

I don't like soy milk but can actually drink the unsweetened almond milk straight. It was great the one time I put it in hot cereal, I almost never eat cereal. I have cooked with it. I've been thinking of getting it again. It costs more than milk so I haven't been buying it cause I'm pretty broke right now.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    I am gona ask again if almond milk is found in regular grocery stores?? Sorry I am just curious!
  • carrie1023
    Options
    I have bought it from both Target and Walmart.
  • LJC44
    LJC44 Posts: 221
    Options
    I have bought it from both Target and Walmart.

Thanks!!
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Love the almond milk, expecially the "unsweetened" 40-cals / cup variety. My wife won't drink it alone, but she'll enjoy it in milk.

Ooops, I mean she'll enjoy it in cereal, not milk.
  • frillypantz
    frillypantz Posts: 134
    Options
    I am deffo going to be trying almond milk after this......
  • humblebumblebee
    Options
    i switched to soy and almond milk not long ago. Got use to the taste fast and love them more than i ever did cows milk.
  • humblebumblebee
    Options
    yep. i believe its in most grocery stores.