Kangoo jumps - calories burned?

Options
Hi guys,

I'm starting a kangoo jumps class tonight and I wanted to know how many calories I might burn in order to plan dinner, but I couldn't find any info in the exercise database.
Do you have any idea what kind of a burn I might expect? Or with what type of exercise I should replace it in my log?

thanks!

Oh, and is anyone doing kangoo? Is it worth it?

Replies

• kar013
    kar013 Posts: 4
    Options
    oh my heck! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE LOVE KANGOOOOOOO!!! :]]
    I heard you can burn up to 20 calories per minute, which is FREAKIN AWESOME!
    good luck! you'll have to let me know how it went! :)
  • BlueJue2
    BlueJue2 Posts: 77
    Options
    What is Kangoo jumps?
  • macnotes
    macnotes Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I can only do like 10 minutes of kangaroo jumps. They're probably as intense as running up stairs..which there is a calorie entry for in the cardiovascular area.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwUiZrV3Py0

OMG that looks like SO MUCH FUN!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    that looks like so much fun I want to try it
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Best thing would be to wear a HRM if possible... One of my other MFP friends did this and entered it as high impact cardio. I still cant believe its apparently Australian but isnt in Australia yet as far as I know!
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I still cant believe its apparently Australuan but isnt in Australia yet as far as I know!

I don't think it's Australian. But it's definitely not here.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I still cant believe its apparently Australian but isnt in Australia yet as far as I know!

I don't think it's Australian. But it's definitely not here.

Ohhh - I was going off the Youtube title saying 'Australian Master Trainer'...
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of it before, but after watching that video...WHERE CAN I FIND A CLASS?! :P
  • atauds
    atauds Posts: 41
    Options
    I bought a pair a few years ago. Just started using them for walking videos. It's a tad heavier than sports shoes and at a slightly lower pace. I believe you do lose a lot more calories--i have a heart rate monitor but haven't measured them against it yet. Will have to do that soon. But my feet feel like lead after a while. Only problem with using them indoors is near head collisions with the ceiling fans. It takes a little getting used to when you first try them on because of the rockiing and balance motion. But once you get them hang of them, they're really fun!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    That looks like SO much fun! I want some of those boots!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    How FUN!! I want some! :)
  • ana_dang
    ana_dang Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    it's actually originated in Switzerland, they've been playing around with them for 15 years!
  • ana_dang
    ana_dang Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    IF YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN TAKE CLASSES THAT INCLUDE THE RENTAL. JUST MESSAGE ME ON HERE :D
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    IF YOU LIVE IN FLORIDA I KNOW WHERE YOU CAN TAKE CLASSES THAT INCLUDE THE RENTAL. JUST MESSAGE ME ON HERE :D

I live in West Palm Beach, and I know there is a class near me, but I would like to buy a pair. Is there a place to purchase them locally? or do you have to buy them online?
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
  • Katanthus
    Katanthus Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Waiting for my to be delivered... TODAY!!!
  • lmurf317
    lmurf317 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    http://shop.kangoojumps.com/

I'm getting ready to put mine on and play "Just Dance!"
  • Squirrelgrrrl
    Options
    I took a Kangoo class for free in February of 2012, and I haven't missed a scheduled week since then! My heart rate has never been as high as it is when working out in the boots. I only miss class if I positively have to because it's so much FUN.

After a few months of renting the boots, my husband and I bought pairs of our own. I've taken them running a few times, they make running less boring. Make sure you wear headphones when you run in them, because everyone who sees you wants to stop you and talk to you about them.

I love my boots, they are pink and black. :)
  • gencynide
    Options
    I own a pair of all Black Kangoo Boots, I did Fall off the wagon, a bit but getting back into IT as i start my 90 day Challenge..! Good to know I can enter this as High Impact Cardio !!

Anyone who has the chance, to try this out.. lets do it.. Its Fun and Enjoyable..!