I have 2lbs of apples what can I make?

Options
Maria052007
Maria052007 Posts: 41 Member
I bought about 2 lbs of apples at the store thinking apples are supposed to last for about a month. Well I think the apples were older than they normally are at the store and are starting to get soft. I was thinking about making apple pie to use them before they go bad, but I only know my grandmother recipe and it uses a lot of white flour and butter and LOTS of sugar. So now I don't know what to do with them.

I need apple recipes. Please!

Replies

• angiethepangie
    Options
    U can slice, peel, and then saute them some in a pan with cinnamon and nutmeg until the apples are cooked all the way through. Then you can serve it with some fat free vanilla yogurt.
  • Medlockbb
    Medlockbb Posts: 57
    Options
    Snicker Candy apple dessert

6 apples peeled and cut into bite sized pieces (granny smith work best)
    1 8oz fat free cream cheese
    8oz free cool whip
    2 snickers candy bars (cut into small pieces) You can also use 3 musketeers or any other candy bar

*Cream - cream cheese and mix in cool whip. Stir in snickers and apple pieces.

this make a large bowl. If you divide it 20 ways 1 serving is about 50 calories
  • CapsFan17
    CapsFan17 Posts: 198
    Options
    Home made apple sauce:

7 apples quarted and cored
    1/2 water
    1/4 cup sugar (optional)
    cinnamon to taste

add apples and water to a pot and boil till apples are soft add sugar and cinnamon
    mash with potato masher for chunky texture or put in a food processor for smoother texture

I made this last week with 4 granny smith and 3 gala apples and didn't need any sugar! So much yummier then the store bought and so easy!! You can also add apple pie spice to it or a bit of cloves.
  • paintingyou9
    Options
    This is my favorite! I always make a bit more of the topping though. :)

http://www.pickyourownchristmastree.org/applecrunch.php
  • HotAshMess
    HotAshMess Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I can't find the recipe right now, but Betty Crocker used to have a recipe for acorn squash and apples with a caramel like syrup. Not a lot of sugar, some butter, but mostly squash and fruit. Google it.