Avacado

Options

Replies

• ajz2010
    ajz2010 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I eat it with my meat in place of sauces. I think it's delicious with pork loin! And I eat it straight with a spoon!
  • Againes009
    Againes009 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I add it to my egg salad. Makes it even creamier. Sometimes I substitute the mayo for greek yogurt too.
  • spearfox
    spearfox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • beqy12
    beqy12 Posts: 569
    Options
    One of my favorite breakfasts is:

Whole wheat bagel thins, tofutti cream cheese, topped with slice tomato and avocado! Yummmmm
  • LoreleiWalks
    LoreleiWalks Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    My two faves:

1) cut in half, remove pit, fill w/ tuna salad, chicken salad, etc. Awesome meal!
    2) as a salad, cut in half, remove pit, and pour in your favorite vinaigrette.
  • Anelda
    Anelda Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Instead of using mayonnaise to make tuna salad, egg salad, or chicken salad, I use avocado. So much creamier than using mayo!
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    On top of a turkey sandwich of course.
    Better than cheese
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    bump! :flowerforyou:
  • BeckaT79
    BeckaT79 Posts: 216
    Options
    I like to cut it in half and put tuna fish in it.
  • MariConnors
    Options
    I've never hears of this idea! Love it - I can't wait to try it with tunafish.
  • jutymo
    jutymo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Linguine with Guacamole = pretty good! It is a little higher in calories, but I used 4 oz linguine instead of the 6 oz it calls for (2 oz is usually plenty for me when it comes to pasta) so it was under 400 for a single serving per the recipe thingee on here.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Pasta_Rice_Main/GuacamolePasta.htm

Also, I recently found (but haven't tried yet) a good looking recipe for chicken salad where you use avocado instead of the mayo. That sounds good to me. I could eat 4-5 avocados a day if I let myself. Love those things...
  • ajh1014
    ajh1014 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I make what my kids call "Fiesta Salad" - 2 semi firm but ripe avacados diced - 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained - 1 c frozen corn - 2 diced roma tomatoes - 2 tsp lime juice - McCormick Guacamole seasoning. Mix it up and let it meld for an hour or so. Really good on Taco Salad.
  • sasab904
    sasab904 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Avocado salas: Tomatoes, Onion & Avocado cut all up in bit size pieces mix with a little olive oil & lemon or lime juice (whichever you prefer). Put on top of grilled chicken with some brown rice, very yummy and filling.

I also add it to my turkey sandwiches instead of cheese, and hummus instead of dressing if I need to add a few more calories.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Personally, I can't stand palta... It is one of the few foods that automatically triggers my gag reflex.

Though, I have heard that putting the seeds in shakes can help lower cholesterol.
  • giag09
    giag09 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i read a recipe somewhere where you take an avocado peas and lemon and blend it into guacomole and its lower calories and fat anyone know the recipe?
  • emilynova
    emilynova Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    cut in half, discard seed, take out fruit, cut in cubes, mix with mustard vinaigrette and serve in shells...

put slices on dark whole grain bread (fitness-bread), sprinkle with some sea salt
  • acschnabel
    Options
    Prob not the healthiest but...

Open faced Grilled Cheese with a fried egg, avacado slices, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese. Yummy.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I just scoop out pieces and put it on sub sandwiches (instead of Mayo/dressing, etc).
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i love to put it in sandwiches, salads, tacos...
  • puppycloud
    Options
    I've eaten avocado mousse as dessert. I don't know what else was in it though, but it was tasty!

I usually eat it as sandiwch spread with pepper or in salads.