Proud of myself.....but aggravated!

Options
We had free lunch here at work today. I stuck to drinking my slim fast shake, while everyone in the room was eating grilled chicken, green beans, potatoes, rolls and to top it off, brownies for dessert. But everyone was asking me, "are you not eating?" I said, I'm having my slim fast. Everyone seems to make it out of a joke. It's very frustrating. :ohwell:

Replies

• bh34
    bh34 Posts: 94
    Options
    We had free lunch here at work today. I stuck to drinking my slim fast shake, while everyone in the room was eating grilled chicken, green beans, potatoes, rolls and to top it off, brownies for dessert. But everyone was asking me, "are you not eating?" I said, I'm having my slim fast. Everyone seems to make it out of a joke. It's very frustrating. :ohwell:
  • harleygirl6363
    harleygirl6363 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    WOW way to go that definetly took some will power. Dont listen to what they are saying you are staying strong and true to yourself right now. You did amazing!!! WOOT WOOT!!!
  • amycakes812
    amycakes812 Posts: 441
    Options
    Good for you sticking to your lunch and having willpower! Some people just don't get it. Don't let it get to you. Wow, 11 pounds already! You must be doing something right. :flowerforyou:
  • msamson31
    msamson31 Posts: 45
    Options
    Good for you! Secretary's Day was when my co-workers made fun of me for eating healthy.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    One the one hand, congratulations on sticking to your guns.

On the other hand,,, grilled chicken and green beans is pretty reasonable. I'm fixing it for supper tonight. Probably healthier than the Slim-shake... (I would'a skipped the taters/rolls/brownies too :tongue: ).

My $.o2

Edit - yep, here it is:

Louis Rich - Chicken Breast Strips - Grilled, 1 serving (3 oz) 110 1 3 19 55 770 remove
    Beans - Snap, green, canned, regular pack, drained solids, 0.5 cup 14 3 0 1 0 177 remove
    Add Food Remember Meal 124 4 3 20 55 947

3 oz. of chicken & a nice serving of green beans, 124 calories.
    Slimmy shake, 220 calories.

Slim Fast - Slim Fast Creamy Milk Chocolate, 11 fl. oz. 220 40 3 10 5 220

This isn't religion,,, you don't have to suffer to get rewarded (Hehehe, sorry). I eat, drink and am merry, and I'm making excellent progress - ya' just gotta watch what you eat. Some things that seem healthy ain't, and some things that are delicious are good for you. I had leftover Country style ribs, baby taters & asparagus for lunch. 400 calories, and I'm stuffed. :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    yeah I'm with casper- I would've had chicken and beans with everybody so I didn't feel too deprived
  • bh34
    Options
    Well, I'll stick with what I know works best for me. I've been on Slim Fast since March 2009 and I've lost 11 pounds.

Everyone is different. The same thing doesn't work for everybody.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    people tend to be like that a bit insensitive....hmm how come u didnt have the sensible lunch and then just have the shake for dinner?
  • bh34
    Options
    Because I have a husband and 2 children to cook for and it's harder at supper time to have the shake.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    If it's working for you then more power to ya'. It didn't work for me. Taste bad, didn't satisfy, just didn't work. Good job not giving in to temptation.

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost."
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    good for you
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!