Vegetarian, British, Obese, short and many other silly label

Options
Tari_D
Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
Hello all,

Well I’ve been loitering here for 2 months now; at first just on the android app, then a bit on the website, then actively on the forums so I thought it was about time I said hello.

I won’t bore you with my life story so instead I’ll bombard you with a few stats and labels and if you want to know more you can always send me a message 

I am… Female, 23 years old, Bisexual, Vegetarian, British (from the south coast), a bit of a geek,
Socially and economically left of center, work in sales and I volunteer for a fundraising event promotion organisation I helped found in my spare time.

With regards to fitness I am… 5ft4, currently on 191lb (started on 209lb) and therefore obese (which I found a bit shocking), I do cardio and occassional strength training during my lunch breaks at work (very lucky to have a gym at work) and I play football (badly) every week which covers the fact that really I am very lazy and enjoy watching tv and playing computer games.

I’m finding MFP very supportive so I am trying to do the same back. If you are looking for friends I am on here most week days (at work…ooops!) and so I will try and give you that extra boost in the right direction :smile: so feel free to add me.

As for me I do find all the different health information a bit confusing and would love to hear about what works for others with similar lifestyles to me, particularly as I sometimes wonder if the normal advice on calorie limits and exercise is quite the same for big shorties like me? :laugh:

Replies

• meggiewes
    meggiewes Posts: 19
    Options
    I am very similar to you. A year younger, bisexual, short 5'2", and a good geek and knitting nerd. I would be happy to be your friend so we can support each other.
  • Tari_D
    Tari_D Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Meggiewes! I'd love to learn to knit, I started but struggled a bit and gave up...oh dear! What sort of things are you a geek about? If you want to message me and chat or add me feel free :) It's always helpful to know there are people out there in a similar boat.