The danger of mindless eating

Options
I just sabotaged myself, but it is a good lesson-

Someone brought in homemade chocolate chip cookies for the office today. When I got my first cup of coffee today, I took two. I had a low cal breakfast today, so I thought this little splurge would be ok. Well.....they were AWESOME. An hour later, I took two more when I got another cup of coffee. Then I grabbed two more before lunch as I walked down the hall. It finally dawned on me to put that in MFP and check the damage. Well now, didn't I gobble down over 700 calories in cookies BEFORE LUNCH. Old habits die hard, but at least I reigned it in.

I can salvage the day with the light dinner I had planned, but I am going to have to throw down some extra effort at the gym today, and skip some of what I'd brought for lunch.

The beauty is that in the past I would have said "well the day is shot, so I might as well REALLY blow it" and gone to get a few more.........

Replies

• SIMA80
    SIMA80 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am always in "danger" of mindless eating...I cannot stop at just 1...that is my BIGGEST problem. I always do good if I don't just have any...if I have one...that is it...I need to learn to stop myself...
  • Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz
    Striving4Fit_MrsOrtiz Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    The beauty is that in the past I would have said "well the day is shot, so I might as well REALLY blow it" and gone to get a few more.........

I had to quote this because, i used to say this to myself so many times. Now i know that i can be stronger and avoid these foods. Good luck sweetie, n you did great by being HONEST to yourself and logging it on mfp!
  • Zichu
    Zichu Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have trouble with big packs of certain unhealthy foods. Sweets for example, I have trouble just eating a small portion, so I try to only eat a small packet.

Except for today, where I didn't have more than I should have done. I've gotten better at controlling myself though. Before if I had like 2 cookies, I would just keep eating them and just say, sod it, might as well finish them off now lol.

This is why I love this site, it's like a law or something. If you go over, you will let yourself down and feel bad for the rest of the day lol. So I tend to just stay within my goals, that way I won't feel to guilty if I have a treat, but stay within my goals.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I love your mindset that the day isn't necessarily shot. It took me a long time to be able to say that myself. Sometimes I still can't... But at least I can sometimes. =D