The Big C word... no- not that one.

Options
Hi.

I've had a couple of false starts on MFP, but this time... well, I have extra motivation. I was told last week that I had an endometrial intraepitheleal neoplasm. As they told me, "it's not cancer. But it can turn into cancer." According to the literature, I have a much better chance of it turning into cancer at higher BMIs. Nothing to steel your will like a cancer scare.

So- I am losing weight for my life. And I need help. Between intermittent bouts of sobbing. And the medication (Megace) which makes you hungry, I'm terrified of failing.

I'm 5 days in and feeling pretty good. I've already found that planning my meals the day before is a huge help. And once the 3 months of the meds are done, I get a treat. A vacation with my husband. A real vacation. In a hotel.

Elaina

Replies

• tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You can do it, E. Love you to bits. Hope you find whatever support you need here (or, ya know, in real life). xoxo.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    You can do this! If you're doing ok so far on the medication, hopefully it won't make you any hungrier. Think of all the improvements you're going to have, not just reducing your risk of cancer. Your vacation is going to be so much fun and you'll have a lot more energy.
  • tdmcmains
    tdmcmains Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    bump.
  • takehimaway
    takehimaway Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Just in case no one else has told you they loved you today, let me be the first. I love you, and you can do this. -hugs-
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I hate both C-words...

I am so sorry to hear that you rec'd some bad new. That is very scary.
    That being said, you can do it girl! You are on the right track. Stay positive and come here when you need to vent or need some words of encouragement and support!

Thinking of you!!! :smile:
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    keep motivated and stay accountable. You can do this!! :flowerforyou:
  • miniberger
    miniberger Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! By the way, I hate both c words too. :)
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi..
    so happy no "C" my friend just went thru that.
    I have heard very very good things about the nutritional value and Shakeology..
    If you would like more info let me know. also I have info on my FB page (link below)
    http://facebook.com/jkpoirier
  • Dudagarcia
    Dudagarcia Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    "I'm 5 days in and feeling pretty good. I've already found that planning my meals the day before is a huge help. And once the 3 months of the meds are done, I get a treat. A vacation with my husband. A real vacation. In a hotel. "

One day at a time and look you have already accomplished 5!!! Good for you. I know you can do it. And you're absolutely right, planning your meals will help, I do that all the time.

Keep us posted! :)
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    Best wishes~ You WILL do this!!! Enjoy the journey :smile: