Peeing like a racehorse!

Options
I've been chugging water today and I feel like I'm in the bathroom every 10 minutes! Please tell me that my body will adjust to drinking lots of water. Lie to me if you have to! LOL

Replies

• ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    It will. (Not lying.) You may still have somewhat increased frequency but it will be manageable.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you're peeing out what you're drinking, your body is well-hydrated. You don't need to drink a gallon of water every day. If the water in the toilet bowl is clear when you're done, you are drinking enough.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If you're peeing out what you're drinking, your body is well-hydrated. You don't need to drink a gallon of water every day. If the water in the toilet bowl is clear when you're done, you are drinking enough.
    True.

Drinking water is great and a lot of people don't get enough, but I think on this site the tendency is to drink more than necessary.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Really, it will get better! I drink an average of 3 liters daily. I go to the bathroom no more often than I did before I started drinking all the water (~1L daily before). It takes a few months, but it will gradually get better for you!
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It does get better but .. still highly annoying.... I find if I keep a glass of water by the bed and start as soon as I get up, and not wait an hour or two, that it really helps me get my gallon in a day and not chugging all at once at times..helps with not having to be in the restroom every 10 mins..also just remember every time your runnint gto the bathroom.. that your body is better for it and so are your weight loss goals.. :smile:
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I pee so much I should start logging trips to the restroom as exercise.
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    True.

Drinking water is great and a lot of people don't get enough, but I think on this site the tendency is to drink more than necessary.

good to know!!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    If you are peeing more than every couple of hours, you are well hydrated and you can back off on the water. There is not mandatory amount of water that needs to be consumed every day. That is a myth. Listen to your body. Drink until you are not thirsty adn not peeing too often.
  • devinbugland
    Options
    that should count as some form of exercise. seriously.
  • PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the feedback! I know I've never been drinking enough before, so I think today, in my zealousness to get started off on the right foot, I may have gotten carried away. :-)
  • Dimplybutt
    Dimplybutt Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    True.

In agreement with this. :smile:
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    LOL!!! I know exactly what you mean when I started about 2 weeks ago..I called my freind and ask her was this normal to go to the bathroom this much. I got to work around 8:30 and by 10 I had been to the bathroom 6 times....
  • Sharonks
    Sharonks Posts: 884 Member
    Options

LOL I wish I could. I have always had a small bladder so I'm used to it.

If you have made a drastic reduction in carbs and/or salt you will will often pee a lot while your body is letting go of the extra water that both of these things make you retain. Also, Aunt Flo will do that too.
  • wifeygrooms
    Options
    I do agree!!!