PCOS and Supplements

Options
For those of us who have PCOS......what supplements are you taking? My Endocrinologist did not suggest any for me when I asked and I want to do everything I can. I'm having problems remembering to take my metformin as well

Replies

• krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I take fish oil, calcium pyruvate, biotin, magnesium, vitamin d (prescription) and occasionally cascara sagrada if I need help "moving things along" if you know what I mean.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Also, I bought one of those little plastic things that have a slot for each day of the week. I fill it on the weekend and leave it by the refrigerator to remind me to take the pills in the morning. I don't have kids that can grab medicine off the counter though so this may not work for everyone.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Set an alarm either on your computer or cell phone to remind you to take your pills! I've done this for the last couple of years and it's moved me from remembering once in a while to remembering nearly every day.
    I don't have PCOS, but I do have hypothyroid and various other issues. I have to take pills 2 or 3 times a day (depending on what I'm taking). I use one of those pill cases that have each day of the week and am/pm. Fill it every weekend and leave it out in the kitchen by the fridge for when I get out water. Really helps me remember. And the cell phone is set to remind me about the lunchtime pills.