Weekend Derailment

Does anyone else completely derail themselves on the weekends? I do so well and usually drop a couple pounds during the week, only to regain them on Friday and Saturday. I still exercise on these days but we tend to socialize with friends which means eating and drinking. Short of locking ourselves in the house all weekend, does anyone have any tips to minimize this? I am trying to lose those "last 5 lbs" which makes it even more difficult I think.... thanks! :happy:

Replies

• awolf2011
    awolf2011 Posts: 265 Member
    I think that you just have to keep your mind focused on the weekends like you do during the week. This was the hardest for me to do since I am at home on the weekends with the fridge right there and easily accessible. I have found that you have to up your willpower quite a few notches in order to get through the weekend and stay on track. It is good that you exercise on these days, but it takes quite a bit more than that. Keep focused and we are all here to help if you need it!! Keep on losing!!
  • JENLHCOMER
    JENLHCOMER Posts: 20 Member
    I too find weekends very challenging. There are days where I don't really eat much at all and then there are some that I go completly over. It is a matter of my routine being off. Right now is my son's wrestling season so we are on the go almost every Saturday. I often help work the tournaments and eat what is provided by the host team. Not good!! I am still loosing but more slowly. I find it helpfull to look at an item and ask myself it is worth it? Alcohol is the biggest deterent to weight loss so I have been good at avoiding it usually. Just keep looking at the big picture and asking your self "Is it worth it?". I am sure your friends love you for who you are and won't mind if you skip some on the food and drink.