Please share success stories need inspiration....

Nellie1drfl
Nellie1drfl Posts: 127 Member
Please share your stories of weight loss, what works, and how you got to where you are now. What lifestyle changes have you made?

Replies

• Nellie1drfl
    Please share your stories of weight loss, what works, and how you got to where you are now. What lifestyle changes have you made?
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    I think anyone that has stuck with a healthy routine has become a success story in their own right...for me personally its about being determined and knowing what I want and having a plan of attack..I dont make excuses and I stay 100% accountable....1200-1400 calories firm..I do intervals of walking and jogging on a 4-9 mile stretch daily...I keep my sodium at 1500mg and watch my carb intake...when it comes to junk food or deserts i stick to only having 3 bites and then i throw the rest away.....Good luck in your journey!!:flowerforyou:
  • Nellie1drfl
    Thanks. Wow 9 miles thats awesome!
  • maiasmommy
    maiasmommy Posts: 39
    I think anyone that has stuck with a healthy routine has become a success story in their own right...for me personally its about being determined and knowing what I want and having a plan of attack..I dont make excuses and I stay 100% accountable....1200-1400 calories firm..I do intervals of walking and jogging on a 4-9 mile stretch daily...I keep my sodium at 1500mg and watch my carb intake...when it comes to junk food or deserts i stick to only having 3 bites and then i throw the rest away.....Good luck in your journey!!:flowerforyou:

Wow, I love the idea of only 3 bites and then throwing it away! I am going to have to try this.
  • Heather125
    Heather125 Posts: 433 Member
    wow that's a huge question you're asking there so let's see.
    I started this at 190 pounds didn't exersize, drank alot of pop, did'nt ever look at what I was eating calorie wise and hated cooking.
    Well now I don't drink pop anymore( after water i'm full),I make a point of doing something active every day, I wacth what I eat however I still hate cooking I've just learned to make better choices

Here's the list I put on my fridge back in january to hold myself accountable for my actions or lack of actions whatever the case may be

plan my days eating around my calorie intake for that day ( I found I was less likly to grab a bag of mini eggs for example if all my calories where accounted for and that bag of mini eggs ment an extra 20 minutes on the treadmill)
    set out some realistic expectations for workouts and stick to it
    If I go over on calories I work it off the same day
    be honest with myself when logging my food
    and don't forget to drink all my water:drinker:

hope this helps
  • Nellie1drfl
    Thanks, those are some great tips.
  • sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    i ran my first 5k this weekend:)
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    You should watch the biggest loser! I can't imagine having any better motivation than that! The season finally was on Tuesday, but all the episodes you can watch for free of NBC.com good luck!
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642

I could use a boost this week, i weighed in yesterday and gained a lb. For me that's alot. I work hard all week doing the right thing. I'm pretty discouraged. I'm beginning to think the only way for me to lose is to really drop my calories.
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member

I could use a boost this week, i weighed in yesterday and gained a lb. For me that's alot. I work hard all week doing the right thing. I'm pretty discouraged. I'm beginning to think the only way for me to lose is to really drop my calories.

mnichol - maybe just take a look at where your calories are coming from. make sure you do a variety of work outs and drink lots of water. you dont have much to lose, so making some adjustments might do the trick. :drinker:
  • mnichol
    mnichol Posts: 642
    I'm really fanatical about posting what i eat for the day, i have access all day to the site and i'm very honest about what i'm eating, staying at 1200. I'm eating low fat protein at every meal, i.e. b: protein bar, greek yogurt. L: lite eng muff, 2 T peanut butter or low fat cheese. 1 fruit for snack. D: Boca burger, sand. thin, lots of veg toppings. later on 1 sm glass of red wine. I do about 45 min cardio 5-6 days a week, 15 min streng 2-3 x week. For the water, well i have a bladder issue, so i'm really not able to drink the recommended 8 glasses a day, if i did that, taking my med would be a waste of time and i'd be miserable.

i'm trying to really up the intensity of my workouts, "getting out of my comfort zone". Hopefully that will work.

I have lost a few pounds and my jeans fit a little better, but i really want to lose 10 lbs. seems so far away. :sad:
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Remember it's not all about weight...inches matter! make sure you're tracking your measurements!:wink:
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Some good stuff here.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/41685-how-it-s-done-tips-from-me-to-you

Also there was a great story in Christianity Today about Mandissa's (from American Idol) weight loss if you are interested here's the link.
    http://www.christianitytoday.com/music/interviews/2009/mandisa-0309.html?start=1
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    P90X

I will have completed day 120 tomorrow and will update my weight loss ticker on Saturday. I started at 288 lbs and 34% bodyfat, wearing a size 48 jean, the last week of December. I'm projecting my weight to be about 237ish and my bodyfat to be at about 10%, wearing a size 32 jean. I've dropped about 13-14 notches on my belt.

This is a great program, especially the nutrition plan. Although I'm a big guy, my previous weakness, and I'm sure some of you ladies can relate, was CHOCOLATE. I could go months without touching it but if I got a taste, it was like a shark in a feeding frenzy.

I haven't had the urge to cheat on this eating plan ONCE throughout this program. What's really nice is that it seems to regulate my blood sugar levels. Instead of wanting/craving chocolate and sweets, my new "candy" is strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, apples and bananas.

This program ISN'T for everybody but I love it and it works.
  • TCASMEY
    TCASMEY Posts: 1,405 Member
    I really watch my carbs. They seem to be what really hinders my weight loss. I have cut all refined foods from my diet. If I eat bread products they are whole grain. I eat more vegetables than fruit and the only fatty meat I eat is salmon. Lots of lean turkey (replace hamburger in any recipe with lean ground turkey). Find lots of ways to incorporate extra movement into your life. I walk lots and try to park far away from where I want to be. I also try to walk or bike instead of drive.

When you start losing inches and weight you start to feel the success. For me buying clothes has shown me how far I have come. On Saturday I went to Fashion Bug and actually bought my blouses from the regular sizes and not the plus. I recently bought size 12 jeans. I don't remember ever wearing size 12. When I graduated from high school I was wearing a size 16. I have been overweight my whole life.

The one thing to remember is that you did not put this weight on in a few days and it is not going to come off in few days. The Biggest Loser is fun to watch but that is not reality. Losing 10 or more pounds a week for most of us is not healthy. For most of us it is like the Tortoise from the Tortoise and the Hare...slow and steady wins the race.

Good luck to you... there will be ups and downs but the health benefits are so great keep up the effort and you will see results.
  • Nellie1drfl
    Wow your doing awesome! Thanks for the tips cant wait till I can go shopping for smaller clothes.
  • Nellie1drfl
    Great job! I think that sounds like a good goal (instead of staring at the scale).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!