Goodbye Lane Brayant !!

Options
I would post before and after pics, but, I took them and cant tell the slightest difference. But the scale says I am down 22 pounds after a little over a year of very hard work. This weekend I had my first real NSV. I went to visit my mom and she had on this beautiful turquise beaded tunic. She had just got it at Macys that day. I begged her to go buy me one but seriously doubted they would have the same design upstairs in the plus size section. (They never do. Boo) So we went into the bathroom at the house and I tried her XL tunic on. And it fit perfectly! I was so thrilled I jumped in the car that very night and headed to Macys to get my own. I got to shop in the regular section at the store!!! Goodbye plus size stores! I went from a 20W / 2X to a 16 / XL. Now, not all the size 16's fit depending on brand but we are still on this journey. A whole new world of clothes shopping just opened up to me! I even saved the XL tag and hung it on my wall for motivationl. LOL. Cant wait to go on vacation and show off my new clothes. Things are starting to pay off. All I can say, is have patience.

Replies

• Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • fatfiske
    fatfiske Posts: 33
    Options
    I love fitting into new/old clothes. With warm weather hitting hard here in Michigan I decided to try pulling out some clothes I haven't been able to fit in for three years and they fit better now than they did when I bought them! Keep up the good work and the changes will keep coming!
  • purpledelight
    purpledelight Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    HOT DAMN!!!! Good for you! And Congratulations!!
  • specialkyc
    specialkyc Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I can't wait until I get to stop shopping in the plus sizes.
  • tomusiakl
    tomusiakl Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Yes. It's well worth it. Congrats on your journey.
  • rorae
    rorae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What a wonderful feeling ....enjoy yourself!
  • 77tes
    77tes Posts: 8,039 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :drinker: Ah, I remember the day I said goodbye to plus sizes. Believe me, I'm sharing your joy!:bigsmile:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    SO AWESOME!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!
  • mrselanco2268
    mrselanco2268 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!!
  • firstnamekaren
    firstnamekaren Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    That is so amazing!! I know EXACTLY how you feel - congratulations!!!
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    you know....i haven't fit in lane bryant for nearly a year now and i tried explaining that to their credit card company but they keep thinking i owe them money and need to pay my bill....don't they unperstand i don't fit their clothes anymore??? ;) :P
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    GLORIOUS! you are so awesome!
  • lik_11
    lik_11 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Yay! I recently went shopping in the "normal" section, too. JOY!!!
    Congratulations on your (very) hard work!
  • anolan807
    anolan807 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Great Job!
  • carrie1013
    carrie1013 Posts: 129
    Options
    That is awesome, you should be very proud :flowerforyou:
  • ShaSimone
    ShaSimone Posts: 276
    Options
    that is my all time favorite NSV...fitting into smaller clothes! You go girl!
  • MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    you know....i haven't fit in lane bryant for nearly a year now and i tried explaining that to their credit card company but they keep thinking i owe them money and need to pay my bill....don't they unperstand i don't fit their clothes anymore??? ;) :P

That's hilarious!!!

To the original poster, congrats girl!! What a great feeling!! I've continuously flirted with plus sized clothes depending on how big I've let myself get, but I was just shopping the other day and all the plus sized clothes seemed way too big on me when I tried them! Keep up the great work!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I remember that well- saying goodbye to Lane Bryant was SUCH a happy day!!! Good job!
  • lbigham1
    lbigham1 Posts: 132
    Options
    Congrats! - I know that's a wonderful feeling!
  • Amy_Lynn74
    Amy_Lynn74 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Great NSV!!! I also started at a 20W pant size and 2X shirt size and recently bought a pair of 18 (not from the plus size section) jeans and an XL shirt. It felt awesome!!! Great job! I'm sure there will be many more NSV's in your future!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!