Emotional eating

Options
I am in desperate need of tips/tricks whatever to help me from sabotaging my diet because of my emotions. I am a military spouse, my husband is getting ready to deploy and I could just eat the freaking house right now, my stress level is so high. So please, ANY tips or strategies would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I have not worked out today because I had a class to go to during my normal work out time and I haven't been able to get to it because of children and schedules....plus, I have to do it in the morning or its pretty much a wash. But I can really feel that that is an outlet for my stress.

TIA

Replies

• overit
    overit Posts: 273
    Options
    I am in desperate need of tips/tricks whatever to help me from sabotaging my diet because of my emotions. I am a military spouse, my husband is getting ready to deploy and I could just eat the freaking house right now, my stress level is so high. So please, ANY tips or strategies would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note, I have not worked out today because I had a class to go to during my normal work out time and I haven't been able to get to it because of children and schedules....plus, I have to do it in the morning or its pretty much a wash. But I can really feel that that is an outlet for my stress.

TIA
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Well at least you know that exercise helps so your doing good! Have you tried chewing gum or eating cold veggies. I know those don't taste as good as other things. Make sure you drink a lot of water cuz then you just plain won't be as hungry! Tell your husband thank you for what hes doing... we are here to help you :happy:
    ~Leash :heart:
  • crazy4coffee1016
    crazy4coffee1016 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You are clearly going through a lot right now. I am a morning exerciser like you. If I don't do it at 4:30 in the morning, it doesn't get done. The high stress you are under now will level out and you will be back on track, soon. One thing that worked for me was to get rid of the one thing that you binge on. For me, it was chocolate. I had to get it all out of the house. The kids can eat sugar cookies for a while. I replaced the chocolate with a different raw veggie every couple of days. It helped.