p90x and MFP calorie help

Options
Ok I have been using MFP for 2 1/2 months now with good results, i lost 18 pounds. I was having about 1400 calories a day with no exercise and lost the weight i wanted to lose. Now im switching gears and am starting to do p90x and try and put some muscle wait back on and get leaner. p90x says i should get 2400 calories a day for my weight . So my question is do i set MFP for 2400 calories and not log in exercise or do i try and figure out how much calories to get including the extra calories i get from logging in exercise..make sense? lol .just cant seem to wrap my head around this one for some reason. any suggestions would help.

Replies

• holthaus30
    holthaus30 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    1200 seems really low for you to be losing weight, but if it worked it worked. Im 5'7 180 and my calorie deficit on here is 2060, this is through a cut. Now if I wanted to bulk I would go over my maintenance, which is like 2600, by 500 and try and stay clean with what I eat.
  • rsteele66
    rsteele66 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started at 1670 then after i lost 10 pounds it adjusted to about 1400 with no exercise now i just dont know if i should log in exercise on top of the 2400 p90x says i should get or dont worry about logging exercise in and just get the 2400 cal.