Feeling defeated :(

Options
As of late I have not been feeling the positive "I can do this" thoughts. I havent lost any lbs in a few weeks yet am eating my daily calories.....sometimes a few more if I am feeling real down on myself. Any suggestions on getting out of this funk?

Replies

• iluvmycats
    iluvmycats Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im sorry to hear that but know you arent alone.
    Its something we all go thru.
    Try to remember what you have done that is good and know you are capable. Maybe step away and re-eval why you are doing this and what your goals are / were. maybe readjust those goals!
    Sometimes stepping away gives you clarity. Now that doesnt equate eating anything and not moving bc thats hard to come back from!

Maybe change things up..your exercise, try something new. Add different foods to your daily plan. Being positive in this journey when the walls come flying out of nowhere is not easy.

Most importantly forgive yourself when you slip up! Give yourself a break and dont be too terribly hard on yourself. You didnt get here over night and it wont go away over night.

Be good to you
    Jen
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    The scale might not be moving, but what about your energy levels? Your measurements? How are your clothes fitting you? Do you feel better about eating well, making good healthy choices for yourself? Are you proud of yourself for being more active?

I would suggest expanding your indicators of success beyond the scale. The scale is a fickle creature and there are a multitude of reasons why the number might not have moved, but that does not mean you haven't been making progress. I haven't lost a pound in almost 2 months, but my clothes fit very differently and I feel differently. Also, it's hard to give you feedback on nutrition or exercise since your diary is closed.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Hang in there Mountain Girl!

You can do this. You are doing this. You will continue to do this.

The scale is stupid. It doesn't know the difference between muscle, fat, water or waste. Don't give it so much power.

My best advice? Focus on NSV's. Take measurements. Give yourself more credit for a job well done.

You got this girl!
  • rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    Whenever I get down and feel like the road ahead is too steep, I simply think of the alternative. If I stop exercising and eating healthy, all of the weight I have lost will be back on my body. I don't want to be fat anymore. I like having more energy. I like knowing that what I'm eating is not hurting my heart and that I may live a longer life.

We all have days when it seems just so hard - but get up and smile and know that you are not alone. Ever.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Can you go for a walk/light jog every evening post-dinner?
  • rbaumch
    rbaumch Posts: 6
    Options
    Hang in there!!! I have never done measurements, only the scale. The scale hasn't moved for me in 2 weeks, but I have lost 2 sizes in jeans.

My motto is Keep On Keepin' On. I'm getting healthier, gaining energy, and feeling great.

Nothing your doing is going to waste.
  • Stoonloveskeith
    Stoonloveskeith Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hang in there...remember you're closer than you were yesterday :)
  • Ladyeliah
    Ladyeliah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was in an angry, gaining weight place the last two weeks, so I set myself some new goals. Forget weight loss, instead I'm going to be able to do 100 push ups and be able to run a 5K nine weeks from now. It's only been a few days, and it's desperately hard right now to stay off the scale, just in case it inched it's way back down again, but I'm feeling so much more positive about my ability not just to lose weight but to eat healthy and be better to my body, and I'm no longer feeling the need to eat an entire pizza just to show the scale that it doesn't control me.
  • smileymel27
    smileymel27 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I completely understand how you feel. My advice? Stop focusing on the scale so much. A really great nutritionist told me a few years ago to do what you need to do to be healthy: eat right, portion control, give yourself some leeway from time to time, exercise, sleep, enjoy treats from time to time, and eventually your body will follow.

It could be a plateau, it could be water weight, heck it could be that your body has no idea what's going on right now and is in survival mode, storing instead of burning. But if you keep at it, eventually your body will follow.

Good luck, and don't give up. Just give your body some time.
  • jbuntu
    jbuntu Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It's not how many times you slip that count. It's how many times you get back up.

Happiness is not "out there" somewhere -- it is within your core self. So find a way to appreciate yourself and your accomplishments. Try keeping a log of 3 GOOD THINGS that happen every day. The weight loss and measurements will come if you keep working and keep believing.

Good luck!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    We all have been there. No worries, you are not alone. One suggestion I can offer is going to your local humane society and volunteering to walk the dogs. It makes the dogs happy and they get to have someone to play with and you get in a good workout. It's great for your physical health and your mental health. Helping others in general makes a person feel good, whether it's a four legged friend or assisting in a nursing home. Good luck on this journey.
  • irapino65
    irapino65 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Mountain Girl , I AM FEELING THE SAME WAY. Reading these posts has really given me hope. The words of encouragement are very uplifting
    and I feel like I can still do this!! I WILL DO THIS!!