Struggling and feeling lost

Options
Hi,
My name is Kasandra. I am 24 years turning 25 in May. My goal is size 12 by May. I am about 16/18. I think I can do it if I commit but I struggle with staying on plan. I am doing a low-carb plan but not counting carbs just cutting out all processed food and sugar. But it is struggle. Even when I eat healthy carbs like oatmeal in the morning , it triggers my craving for white bread and pasta. The problem is that I can't stop on one serving with these items. I have to have more. When I do eat low carb it really helps curve my cravings.But I feel so abnormal. I want to be like others who can eat those things and not binge or feel triggered. But I guess I am not like them. And it is hard for me to accept that I have a long way to go when those food items will not have that affect on me. Today, i binged on peanut butter and oatmeal of all things. I am uncomfortable full i am still struggling not cave into those cravings. I want to lose this weight so bad. And I know I am so close. I lost about 70ilbs before joining myfitnesspal. And I now I want to lose another 60ilbs. It is getting harder and it sucks. I have added excercise and I workout about 5 times a week.

Replies

• holthaus30
    holthaus30 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Why not just eat at a deficit and not do the low carb. MFP allows me like 280g of carbs, i stay within my macros and Im still losing.
  • Snotori
    Snotori Posts: 156
    Options
    I found the substituting things works. So when you aren't hungry and craving do some research :P and find some different food which when that craving strikes you can turn to rather then your fall backs. And also maybe don't eat oatmeal in the morning. There are several great breakfast options besides oatmeal. Now whether you will be a 12 by May I don't know but I know you can do it :) just keep working out and working toward your goals.