McDonald's for breakfast

Options
Anyone have any idea what a vegetarian can get from McDonald's for breakfast? I don't have choice in the restaurant and am going there tomorrow morning. Last time I had pancakes, but they took more than a third of my calories. I love their hashbrowns, but I am thinking they are mostly empty calories. Has anyone tried their oatmeal? Any good? Any other ideas?

Replies

• Mommapea2012
    Mommapea2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    They have oatmeal with fruit now
  • Mommapea2012
    Mommapea2012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    They also have muffins like carrot I believe they have a low cal one
  • dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I haven't eaten there in forever but used to get an egg and cheese biscuit or something along those lines. Check the nutrition info online to see which has the fewest calories...biscuit, mcmuffin, etc. I have also tried their oatmeal with fruit and nuts. It's really good. I would definitely get it again sometime.
  • alexisguardian
    Options
    I really like their oatmeal with the fresh fruit. It is filling all by itself. I usually pair it with unsweet tea since I am not a coffee drinker. They also have a fruit parfait but I have never tried that one myself.
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with fruit, fruit and yogurt parfait. I believe that they have scrambled eggs (I am not sure if you eat eggs or not)
    If you do eat eggs, you can get an egg mcmuffin minus the canadian bacon or whatever meat they put on it. They are only 300 calories with the meat, so without it is probably 50-100 calories less. The hashbrowns have a lot of fat and oil in them so that is probably not the best idea. I also looked up the menu for mcdonalds breakfast :) hope this helps!

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/full_menu/breakfast.html
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice everyone! :) I might give the oatmeal a chance tomorrow!...
  • iamfranniefierce
    iamfranniefierce Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Snack size fruit and yogurt parfait.
  • giraffells
    giraffells Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    The oatmeal is pretty good.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal and fruit is probably the ticket.
  • hypersensitiveb
    hypersensitiveb Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I have had there oat meal its really good . Some times I get there egg mcmuffin with no Canadian bacon on it . There fruit and yogurt parfait is good for a small breakfast or they have a fruit and wallnut tray with yogurt.
  • edbales
    edbales Posts: 2
    Options
    Egg McMuffin w/o Canadian bacon and a nonfat latte would be reasonable.
  • sissypunks
    Options
    the oats r awesome my kids and i tried the apple ones and now we always put apple cinn in ours! btw nuts r on the side if u dont want them
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Use their nutritional information on their website: http://nutrition.mcdonalds.com/nutritionexchange/nutritionfacts.pdf
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Definitely check the nutrition and ingredients: I am pretty sure their hashbrowns, like their french fries, are not vegetarian. They put beef fat on them.
  • dododo123
    dododo123 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    get the egg and cheese burritos, pretty good.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I am sure they sell the sausage McMuffins to vegetarians as well as meat eaters.
  • iluxoxo211
    iluxoxo211 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    the oatmeal is actually yummy and they also have yogurt with fruit and granola...just look at all the calories ahead of time and pick what your getting.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Get the bacon and egg mcmuffin and work out a little longer, lol
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    look at their online menu, but i know they have oatmeal!
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    The fruit and maple oatmeal is SO GOOD!!! They also have an egg and cheese mcmuffin that's on the dollar menu.