Know of more satisfying late night foods

Options
What foods will keep me satisfied towards the end of the night, but won't keep me up peeing all night (water)? I work 12 hours shifts, get off work late and want a food that satisfies longer so I don't have to eat too close to bed. I'm finding it hard to set up a set schedule due to 3 late nights per week; I get home at around 8:30-9:00PM usually on working days. Any suggestions? Thanks-R

208784.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• Jeepluvr99
    Jeepluvr99 Posts: 12
    Options
    What foods will keep me satisfied towards the end of the night, but won't keep me up peeing all night (water)? I work 12 hours shifts, get off work late and want a food that satisfies longer so I don't have to eat too close to bed. I'm finding it hard to set up a set schedule due to 3 late nights per week; I get home at around 8:30-9:00PM usually on working days. Any suggestions? Thanks-R

208784.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • destiny_206
    destiny_206 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and fruit worked for me, fat free is best.
  • lilone83
    lilone83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i heard about this in runner's magazine...

when your banana's start to over ripen (turn brown) peel them and stick them in the freezer. they have the consistency of ice cream and taste delicious! it's filling and only about 100 calories

if youre looking for meal options - i use recipes from Kraft's Healthy Living section. I just tried (and logged on the database) the Cheesy Italian Chicken Mac. Super easy to make, very filling and only 290 calories

hope that helps!
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why but pudding fills me up like nothing else. I either will have a ready made cup of Jello SF pudding or I make my own. 60 calories and a nice treat to boot.

Good Luck!
  • Prissymissy1984
    Options
    Im with you on the pudding ana, just had some tonight, only i added a little bit of fat free cool whip on mine...Yummy and filling
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I like yogurt or nuts!
  • Jeepluvr99
    Jeepluvr99 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks girls! It all sounds yummy--I'll start tomorrow night! -R
  • swtally80
    swtally80 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    POPCORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!