Anyone trying Atkins?

Options
KDWS
KDWS Posts: 61 Member
Looking for tips and advice......would love to see your diary!

Replies

• digitalsteel
    digitalsteel Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I started low carb, but migrated to eating primal, very akin to Atkins but focusing around eating real food, so that "low-carb" processed bar doesn't make it to my plate. I've been doing it for over a year now with amazing results, I also have a background in biochemistry so feel free to ask me anything.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Lots of folks doing Atkins here. Do a search for low-carb or Atkins Support Group, and you'll find like-minded dieters! I've been doing Atkins for a year, and down 67 pounds.
    Good luck!
  • dorkof82
    dorkof82 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My food diary is public to friends, I've been doing Atkins for about 3 months and have lost 23 lbs. I just kicked it into high gear though and am now doing induction AND low calorie, hoping to shred this weight then slowly add some carbs back. Feel free to add me
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    did it years back and lost weight. but hated life after a while. too many restrictions. so bailed and it all came back. now, simply practicing moderation and counting calories, down 31 pounds since december on a lifestyle I can continue.
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I've done low/no carb diets about 4 times over the years. Couple times was doctor monitored. They can work until you get off them. Here's a good article regarding some of the truths and myth's of atkins and others alike. After you read it do some research before you decide for yourself. Atkins is not a lifstyle that most people can stick to for life. Some can so if it works for you then great.

http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Low Carb Diets

ps-this topic has been beat to death and I don't wish to get in the middle of it. So if the link is interesting then great, at least you have more info.
  • ili_s
    ili_s Posts: 66
    Options
    Diets don't work.
  • tfregeau1
    Options
    Yep just started today. So far so good slight headache but they say thts to be expected